PDA

View Full Version : Cut out fender flares on older Dodges

jason2
05-13-2001, 02:05 PM
I have a 75 Dodge shortbox I'm getting ready to paint. The fenderwells are rusted out around the wheel openings. Since this is a work truck/plow truck, I'm not going to sink a lot of time and money into the bodywork. I'm planning on cutting out the wheel openings and installing flares. This will eliminate the worst of the rust, plus it will allow me to run 36" tires.

I'm curious if anybody has used Bushwacker cut out flares, or the cheap ones from JC Whitney? If so what are your impressions of these products. I'm intrigued with the JC Whitney ones as they are cheap. But don't know if the quality is up to snuff with the Bushwackers.

Finished the color change on the interior this week, and now am getting ready to start on the body. Going to be a low-buck job. Minimal body work. Shoot some primer, Then topcoat with black. Picked up a headache rack for 5 bucks. Moved by backup lights to the rack, going to but my beacon up there also. Now to find some used 36's or even 38's cheaply! Going to be a play truck too.

Should probably put some lower gears in too. But with a 440 and a NP435, Think I'll let it slide for now. No money in budget for gears right now.