PDA

View Full Version : qoutes

skurkp
04-24-2006, 07:32 AM
I have bid on a job and have given the customer a verbal quote. I gave him a copy of the design and he informed me that I was $30 cheaper than the other company giving a quote. Made me feel good because this is my first and I really did not know if I was in the ball park or not. Well I need to put together a written proposal and just don't know hoe to start. I give lots out for commercial maintenance but never for a new irrigation install. Can someone post for me a layout? Do you list all material needed and give a breakdown, material, permit, labor, etc.?

Oxmow
04-24-2006, 02:15 PM
First of all....NEVER give the client your diagram of his sprinkler system!
It is just too easy for them to give it to their next door neighbor who "plumbed" his own hot tub and let them install it themselves. And when they jack it up "Non code water tap" they blame it on you!

No really it is up to you whether or not to give it to them but in my neck of the woods, Tulsa, it is not usually done. In fact most of the guys around here don't even label the zones in the boxes. However that does lend itself to extra charges for time in diagnosing a system!