PDA

View Full Version : irragation problem??

ajlandscaping
04-24-2006, 04:59 PM
just got back from an estimate on mowing for this oen guy and asked if he had irragtion well he said yes and no certain parts of the lawn get watered but about 75%of the system is unoperational i asked if he was planning on getting it fixed but he said no at the time it was money he said he didn't want to spend just for future purposes how would you go about fixing a problem were only a few sections of the lawn get watered and the rest doesn't work i have no idea of how to fix this and don't plan on doing it but how would you go about locating the source of the problem and how much damage would be done to an established lawn if i were to fix it

ps. im trying to learn as much as i can because i hope to do this one day and have been given the oppurtunity to work with someone to help me in learning how to do installs and repairs

sheshovel
04-24-2006, 05:36 PM
First thing would do is locate all the sprinkler heads then
check his controller and his valves to make sure all the valves were hooked up to the controller and it was timed correctly and see if the valves and stations all ran when the controlller was supposed to run them.I would run them all manually from the controller and then see what ran and what diden't.Then I would turn in the valves manually one by one to see what ran and what diden't.Could be a pproblem with the controller,valves or broken or clogged sprinkler heads.I could be as easy as broken wires to the valves or clogged heads or the guy messed up timing his controller.Unless you know how to time a controller,troubleshoot valves,and fix heads I would not recommend you do this yourself but call in an irrigation repair person to perform the work.

PurpHaze
04-24-2006, 09:24 PM
Add to this wiring, solenoids, faulty programmimg, isolation valve shut down, etc. and there could be a long list of things wrong and/or a combination of things for various valves. Like She said, I'd find the valves first and manually fire them. At least that would narrow things down a bit. Then you just need to work out the power/valve aspect to the whole thing.

One thing you need to like as an irrigator is a good mystery. Solving the mystery can be both nerve-racking AND rewarding at the same time. :)