PDA

View Full Version : West Coast Florida...

tlwmsu
04-24-2006, 07:07 PM
OK, so we're considering moving to the Palm Harbor/Clearwater/St Pete area, and my tentative plan is to begin working part time in lawn care, and learning via experience and as much school as I can how to be full service eventually and full time. I worked part time last year on evenings/weekends doing lawn maintenance and small landscaping. My question for any in this Tampa and surrounding areas : is it unrealistic for me to find a niche in the market because there are probably already hundreds of LCO's in the area? Or, is the area booming enough that I could get a toe in the door that could lead to at least getting my foot in the door after a year or so? I will have other income from my current full time vocation, so I don't plan to try to live solely off of this type of business at first.

I have started on a business plan, and we are going to be visiting the area May 20-23 to look around at apartments/rental houses, and I also plan to visit any chamber of commerce offices and hopefully at least talk to someone in Pinellas county about starting a business in the county.

I value the opinions on this forum, and really appreciate any input. :usflag:

EPIC
04-24-2006, 10:52 PM
IN LIVE IN PINELLAS COUNTY FOR THE LAST 8 YEARS NOW THIS place like the back of my hand you should have no problem starting a lawn care bizz here . if you ever neeed anything hit me up on email epiclandscaping@yahoo.com you can check out my company on the web at epiclandscaping.biz

Necroshine
04-24-2006, 11:23 PM
I just bought a mower and trailer from a fellow that sold off his business in Pinellas county, to retire up my way. He told me that there's plenty of opportunity dwon that way.

lawnman_scott
04-24-2006, 11:24 PM
Finding a "niche" is unrealistic because there are thousands of companies here, but there is good money and room for alot more down here. You basically have to show up. Lots of idiots, drunks, and crackheads around. So someone reliable is always in demand.

EPIC
04-25-2006, 04:03 PM
HEY SCOTT 54th ave n and 66th st here how about you i may have a few accounts i can give to you

tlwmsu
04-25-2006, 05:04 PM
Epic, don't be surprised if you get emails from me...we're pretty thorough with our research! :waving: