PDA

View Full Version : Lowes #1 in trailers??? No Way

mcwlandscaping
04-24-2006, 07:23 PM
Got this LOWES flyer today, and in it they have a page with trailers on it. Enclosed and Open, the enclosed ones were pace i think, but the thing that stood out to me was where it said something like "we're Americas #1 trailer retailer"

How can anyone believe that?? The real trailer dealer i go to has so many trailers you can't even count em all.....lowes, theres maybe 10 tops. How can LOWES justify puttin this in their flyers?

Badgerz
04-24-2006, 07:55 PM
Are there many companies out there that don't say they're the best at what they do?

BladeRunner1967
04-24-2006, 08:21 PM
Lowe's does have over 1200 stores. 1200*10=12,000:hammerhead: Stores near me sell Carry On. Lowes and Depot both use words like "National Retailer" and "Largest National Dealer". Not many retailers out there that are national. Depot has 2100 stores and growing.

rickt
04-24-2006, 08:46 PM
Got this LOWES flyer today, and in it they have a page with trailers on it. Enclosed and Open, the enclosed ones were pace i think, but the thing that stood out to me was where it said something like "we're Americas #1 trailer retailer"

How can anyone believe that?? The real trailer dealer i go to has so many trailers you can't even count em all.....lowes, theres maybe 10 tops. How can LOWES justify puttin this in their flyers?

Multiply the number of stores in the USA and guesstimate the number of trailers they sell per day. I have seen them and there not bad IMO.

The term "were americas #1 trailer retailer" does not reference to its stock availability but the amount they sell.

Your trailer dealer may have 5,000+ in stock, however it doesnt mean they sell that many. They maybe sell 20+ a month tops, compare that to what Lowes can sell.

oldrustycars
04-24-2006, 08:53 PM
i always like to buy from my local guy whenever possible, even if its a few bucks more. if you have trouble with a trailer you bought at lowes do they have a shop that will take care of it for you? not likely.

mcwlandscaping
04-24-2006, 09:38 PM
i hear what you guys are saying, honestly, my trailer is one from home depot, and its been great (just a little small, lol) but i just dont like that they can reference themselves like that. just MO though. just wanted to hear your thoughts,

Howie's Lawn Care
04-24-2006, 10:22 PM
Here is a comparison between Lowes and where I purchased my trailer.

LOWES
5' X 10'
standard metal railing
tiny tires, thin and short
obviously not built tuff
w/ramp
$1048.00

KRW CYLCES
6' X 12'
2 FT wood sidewalls
16" tires, maybe 15", pretty good size
w/ ramp
$1090.00

Choctaw Scalper
04-24-2006, 10:35 PM
you are crazy if you buy a trailer from Lowes or the Depot. Around here they are 2 to 3 times more expensive then real trailer stores.

rfed32
04-24-2006, 10:53 PM
around my neck of the woods....a lot of homeowners buy trailer from lowes or HD they are priced good compared to some of the trailer dealers...i was looking in to getting a 5x8 from there b4 i gound my 6x10 used for a little more then what they wanted....butmy uncle has owned both the 5x8 and the 6x12 from there....they both were decent trailer still has the 6x12 the only problem with it was the welds on the mesh gate broke but other than that no real problems....but i know they sell a lot of trailers and HD sells more when only one or two HD have trailers and its a 4.5x8....but most homeowners like to buy them so they can pick up wood, or mulch or little things here and there when all they have is an suv, car with hitch or dont want to get their truck dirty....so as far as selling a lot....around here they sure as he!! do

rickt
04-25-2006, 01:15 PM
you are crazy if you buy a trailer from Lowes or the Depot. Around here they are 2 to 3 times more expensive then real trailer stores.

Nope.

A trailer dealer in the DFW area wants to charge you for everything added on to it, when i was purchasing my trailers in DFW i was getting quotes and 99% of dealers wanted to charge for little things, heck one wanted to charge $25 for each D-ring installed, and was charging for PINS that held the gate up (as most didnt come with it) i said fudge that and had some custom built by a friend and it came out way cheaper. However a regular everyday guy who wants a trailer for his own personal use is not going to go haggle with a trailer company he will just go to his local HD or Lowes and buy one.

stroker51
04-25-2006, 10:20 PM
I would never buy a trailer from any national chain store or even very large manufacturer. Our local trailer manufacturer builds a VERY good trailer. The 16' w/ 2' dove, so 18' total, w/ 5'gate, front rub rail, tandem brake axles, DOT package with inspection sticker that I am getting ready to order is gonna be $2600. Yes, I could go to the local trailer "dealer" and buy a "brand name" trailer a lot cheaper, but you get what you pay for. For example, most gates are made of angle iron, not even heavy angle, and it don't take much to destroy them. mine is a tube gate rated at 9k, don't think a mower will damage that. It just depends on what you are wanting to spend, we always sell ourselves as being high quality, therefore being able to charge more, in my opinion it is the same thing with a trailer.

Choctaw Scalper
04-26-2006, 02:24 AM
Lonestar trailers in Valley View 30 min from Dallas sells great trailers. Customize anything you want. My last trailer just a utility trailer was 7' by 16' with a nice set of 9 ply tires was only $700.00 he offered a full landscaper special with lock cage on the front and a ramp on the back for about $1100.00. Look around the outskirts of Dallas This guy is super cheap. You call him with cash he will give you a break as well. http://www.candmtrailers.net/cm/index.html

jt5019
04-26-2006, 03:21 PM
We got one of our trailers from Lowe's a 6x12 mainly for my atv's. It's actually built fairly well it has the split ramp on the back 205 75 d15 tires.Ive had it a little over a year now and it is holding up good besides a few busted welds on metal mesh part. The local trailer depots were much more for the same size trailer but they did look to be built a little better.

Howie's Lawn Care
05-12-2006, 08:01 PM
Hey man,
What is your guys exact address. I'd like to check you guys out the next time I buy a trailer. How do you guys do trade ins. What kind of trade in would I get for my trailer if it was still in pretty good condition. Thanks

-Nick Howard

Signature Landscaping1
05-14-2006, 09:57 PM
Yea the lowes by me only has bout 8 or so 3 enclosed in 5 opens. Priced way to high.

South Florida Lawns
05-15-2006, 05:32 PM
The trailers at my lowes are so crappy, the carry on trailers.

some dude in my area has one and I always see it at an auto shop getting new axle bearings and stuff.

They look underbuilt when I looked ate them a while ago.

I would stay away.

mike lane lawn care
05-15-2006, 09:19 PM
i bought a 5X10 at tractor supply and they also claim to be a top trailer seller.