PDA

View Full Version : Cornerstone SRW Block

Mike33
04-24-2006, 10:14 PM
Has any one ever used this product for srw? I use only allen block but a friend of mine who is a new dealer asked me to install a wall for his brother. I had trouble with base course of not running straight after i laid out 7-8 then looking out over at a distance. If we align the bevel edges like we do with allen block it wont run straight. Also im not sure about this lug system compared to the lip on the allen block.

Mike

Pavers Plus
04-24-2006, 10:34 PM
here's the website for Cornerstone block. I actually preferred Cornerstone over Allen Block when I was still installing.

http://www.cornerstonewallsolutions.com/

I hope their website helps you with some details.

DVS Hardscaper
04-25-2006, 08:18 AM
Cornerstone is the most user freindly block out there. It was designed by a contractor. The guy (Vern) that designed Cornerstone and who sells the manufacturing rights is the most fascinating person from the hardscape industry that I have ever met. Very low key and incredible to listen to.

Mike33
04-25-2006, 10:26 PM
Thanks everyone for your replies the web site was nice. I went to a seminar 6 weeks ago and the sales rep Doug worked for Nitterhouse in Chambersburg, Pa. where allen blocks are made. I did find you could make a sharper turn with the cornerstone block. Its just im so used to allen block with over 100 ive built in my area its hard to change when you know all of the pluses and flaws in a product you can lay quick and know how to correct a flaw with out thinking much. Also i noticed with the corner stone they have good quality control hardly no wasted blocks with chips out of the corners.

mike

kris
04-26-2006, 06:42 AM
The guy (Vern) that designed Cornerstone and who sells the manufacturing rights is the most fascinating person from the hardscape industry that I have ever met. Very low key and incredible to listen to.

Vern Dueck from Vancouver BC, Canada?

XXL Hardscaper
04-28-2006, 09:50 AM
Yes DVS is talking about that Vern. I think DVS has alife size poster of that guy that he rubs and tugs to.:laugh: