PDA

View Full Version : Bought a new truck today for mowing crew

MudslinginFX4
04-24-2006, 09:31 PM
Hey guys, I've been looking at trucks for the past couple of weeks and finally signed all the papers on a 06 Mitsubishi Fuso FE140 today. Let me know what you think. It came with a 5yr 175,000 mile warranty.

MudslinginFX4
04-24-2006, 09:32 PM
here is another pic

MudslinginFX4
04-24-2006, 09:33 PM
One more for now. I will post more when I pick it up tomorrow, and when I get it lettered.

mulcahy mowing
04-24-2006, 09:42 PM
ouch that must have hurt the bank! nice truck!!

sheshovel
04-24-2006, 09:45 PM
Very nice they are gonna love it!

rfed32
04-24-2006, 10:54 PM
looks awesome...some day i will have one....good luck with it

if you get a chance post some pics with the equipt. on it

meathead1134
04-25-2006, 12:26 PM
Hey guys, I've been looking at trucks for the past couple of weeks and finally signed all the papers on a 06 Mitsubishi Fuso FE140 today. Let me know what you think. It came with a 5yr 175,000 mile warranty.

nice what does something like that cost??

MysticLandscape
04-25-2006, 07:56 PM
What you doing to be putting on it for mowers?

MudslinginFX4
04-25-2006, 08:01 PM
nice what does something like that cost??

Cost is in the low to mid 30's.

The landscaper
04-25-2006, 08:10 PM
I was looking at the exact same truck a couple weekends ago. Looks pretty sweet. I was just admiring tho, not buying.

MudslinginFX4
04-25-2006, 08:12 PM
What you doing to be putting on it for mowers?

I'm not quite sure I understand your question. It is mostly used for residentials though.

southernlandscapespecial
04-25-2006, 08:15 PM
Nice truck, I have an Isuzu NPR that looks similar to yours. Who manufactured the truck bed?

MudslinginFX4
04-25-2006, 08:16 PM
Nice truck, I have an Isuzu NPR that looks similar to yours. Who manufactured the truck bed?

It was done by Miller Bodies

southernlandscapespecial
04-25-2006, 08:20 PM
Ihave pics of mine posted under trucks and trailers forum in the simulators section. Is that a 16 or 18 foot bed?

MudslinginFX4
04-25-2006, 08:29 PM
Ihave pics of mine posted under trucks and trailers forum in the simulators section. Is that a 16 or 18 foot bed?

It's a 18' bed

southernlandscapespecial
04-25-2006, 08:33 PM
I have an 18' also. If you were pulling a trailer with a truck before you will love your new truck with the drive on bed.

zim bob the landscaper
04-25-2006, 09:01 PM
looks awesome have fun with it man.

The landscaper
04-25-2006, 09:08 PM
Thats a reasonable price for that great set up. Is it possible to use something like this for mulch and things as well or is it only able to load mowers?

MudslinginFX4
04-25-2006, 09:27 PM
Thats a reasonable price for that great set up. Is it possible to use something like this for mulch and things as well or is it only able to load mowers?

We haven't done it yet because I have a dump truck, but it is real easy to use for mulch. The right side of the truck folds all the way down and makes it easy for the guys to push mulch right off the side.

Tomorrow is the first real day in use, I will try to get some pictures soon with some of the equipment on it etc..

lawnspecialties
04-25-2006, 09:34 PM
Hey man. I saw that one at Capital a while back. Very tempting!! I'm still debating on whether to get one or not. I'm also debating on whether to get the Fuso, Isuzu, or new Ford LCF. Decisions, decisions,.....:dizzy:

How's the power and fuel mileage? I want one that will pull my 20' trailer whenever I need to (loaded with pine straw, etc.). I know it's new but keep us informed.

Nice truck.

SLSNursery
04-26-2006, 08:46 PM
We run a few of those trucks. Make sure you can get the torsion springs to replace yours when they break. This should be easy, now, while the unit is new and you know the source. What seems like a simple part could be difficult to find or get your hands on when you need them. If the body fabricator changes vendors, the size might change. We've had some last a long time, and others snap apart before 1 year.

Good luck. You'll never go back to trailering.

lawnspecialties
04-26-2006, 08:48 PM
We run a few of those trucks. Make sure you can get the torsion springs to replace yours when they break. This should be easy, now, while the unit is new and you know the source. What seems like a simple part could be difficult to find or get your hands on when you need them. If the body fabricator changes vendors, the size might change. We've had some last a long time, and others snap apart before 1 year.

Good luck. You'll never go back to trailering.

You people are just trying your hardest to get me to drop about $35,000!!!:dizzy:

Bustus
04-26-2006, 09:05 PM
Beautiful machine. I wish I could have one.

MysticLandscape
04-26-2006, 09:25 PM
I went like what kind of mowers, Walker, Scag, Bobcat, Encore, Standers...

Itsgottobegreen
04-26-2006, 10:54 PM
Thats what we are going to be buying for our next truck. But a vanscaper body (enclosed body) with a switch and go body mounting system (plus a light duty can for mulch and a salt spreader so we can use the truck year round) Going to be going used for the truck and mounting it up our self to save $$$$$. It will be a big $$$$ test. Trying to get ride of trailers and making the crew chiefs job easier in the old tight section of town.

clservices
01-30-2007, 01:36 PM
I found this message on a search, as it is older, and I am interested to see what your take is on this truck now that you have operated it for a while. I am looking at one myself. Hopefully you will see this and answer. Thanks.

Cliff

tthomass
01-30-2007, 05:27 PM
The warranty is what caught my attention........175,000 miles

KrayzKajun
01-30-2007, 05:36 PM
i love it CONGRATS

MudslinginFX4
01-30-2007, 05:46 PM
Thanks guys for the comments.

I found this message on a search, as it is older, and I am interested to see what your take is on this truck now that you have operated it for a while. I am looking at one myself. Hopefully you will see this and answer. Thanks.

Cliff

Cliff, it's funny this tread pops back up, I was out this past week looking at another one of these trucks. I have nothing but positive things to say about the Fuso. I really like everything about the truck, other then I didn't get crew-cab (which I prob. won't again b/c of cost) but really would like to be able to haul 7 guys sometimes.

The one other thing I don't know about this time is the diesel. I have had the truck since May (guys use it every day) and we have only put 9k on it. A gas cab-over I can get right now brand new for about $27k. I'm not sure if the diesel is worth another 8-10k with prices right now of fuel. I do get really good mileage though with the diesel (around 20-25ish i'd guess currently).

MudslinginFX4
01-30-2007, 05:47 PM
Oh, btw... I just got it lettered 2 weeks ago, I will also get some pictures for you of that.

Lawnworks
01-30-2007, 07:01 PM
Thanks guys for the comments.

Cliff, it's funny this tread pops back up, I was out this past week looking at another one of these trucks. I have nothing but positive things to say about the Fuso. I really like everything about the truck, other then I didn't get crew-cab (which I prob. won't again b/c of cost) but really would like to be able to haul 7 guys sometimes.

The one other thing I don't know about this time is the diesel. I have had the truck since May (guys use it every day) and we have only put 9k on it. A gas cab-over I can get right now brand new for about $27k. I'm not sure if the diesel is worth another 8-10k with prices right now of fuel. I do get really good mileage though with the diesel (around 20-25ish i'd guess currently).

I would guess you are getting 12-13mpgs... somebody on here that has a mitsu 12ft stakebody gets 12mpgs and from my own experiences these cabovers won't get over 15mpgs... still a really nice truck though.

MudslinginFX4
01-30-2007, 07:12 PM
I would guess you are getting 12-13mpgs... somebody on here that has a mitsu 12ft stakebody gets 12mpgs and from my own experiences these cabovers won't get over 15mpgs... still a really nice truck though.

I'm pretty sure I'm getting more then that, but I can't say for sure. I'll try to get a mileage on it next week when the guys fill up. All I know is they go though about $50 a week in fuel for that truck, running it 5 days a week. It takes around $65-$70 to fill it up on a empty tank.

Lawnworks
01-30-2007, 08:47 PM
Yeah I would be interested in how the numbers come out.

HydroCutter
01-30-2007, 08:50 PM
What do you do for fall cleanups? where do you put the leaves?

MudslinginFX4
01-31-2007, 06:57 AM
What do you do for fall cleanups? where do you put the leaves?

Leaves go in our dump truck with a built up leaf box and debri loader.

Greenscapes, LLC
01-31-2007, 07:16 AM
where can i find one of these dealers in ga?

RedWingsDet
01-31-2007, 10:49 PM
I like it, but why would you spend all that money and cant even bag grass or leaves?

CAG
02-01-2007, 12:20 AM
The warranty is what caught my attention........175,000 miles

yeah me too!! is that a extended warranty??? if not thats a heck of a warranty!!!

Tagg
02-03-2007, 04:22 PM
:cool2: http://www.mitfuso.com/pages/news-FE140.html:cool2: We found the best pricing in the Northeast to be at a dealer in Conn. When we were looking last year. You can enter a zip code and find the local dealers.

Lawnworks
02-03-2007, 05:41 PM
I like it, but why would you spend all that money and cant even bag grass or leaves?

Bagging grass is for the birds! At least w/ southern grasses, bagging is time consuming and w/ no added benefit. The University of GA claim that mulching grass does not hurt the grass, but if anything improves the conditions. A common myth is that mulching contributes to thatch... and it isn't true. I am sure yall mow some type of fescue and it may be different for yall.

These landscape trucks are the deal. I am about to add our 3rd one. Talk about a worry free efficient lawn maintenance crew.

RedWingsDet
02-03-2007, 09:25 PM
Bagging grass is for the birds! At least w/ southern grasses, bagging is time consuming and w/ no added benefit. The University of GA claim that mulching grass does not hurt the grass, but if anything improves the conditions. A common myth is that mulching contributes to thatch... and it isn't true. I am sure yall mow some type of fescue and it may be different for yall.

These landscape trucks are the deal. I am about to add our 3rd one. Talk about a worry free efficient lawn maintenance crew.

I agree, bagging grass is useless. But around here, customers still want it bagged, and you can charge more anyway, so I just give the customer what they want.

Lawnworks
02-03-2007, 10:48 PM
Hell yeah if you can make more while on the same job site.... doesn't hurt you. Down here there is virtually no demand for bagging(thank god). I guess you could always get the landscape body w/ the dumper in the front.... probably cost an arm and both legs though.

What would be really nice is if they had a landscape body that dumped... have the dovetail on hinges or hydraulic arms that lift the dovetail up.

twj721
02-04-2007, 06:08 AM
QUOTE:
What would be really nice is if they had a landscape body that dumped... have the dovetail on hinges or hydraulic arms that lift the dovetail up.)
There is one that has a removable dove tail and is a dump bed also the bed is made by WIL-RO in Gallatin TN it is a reallay good looking landscaping bed that can do double duty the dove tail section has it's on supports so when you unhook it stand up on it on legs they say that 1 person can unhoo the tail section from the bed bed in under or about 5 mins . I have phone number in case some one is wanting it .Twj

Lawnworks
02-04-2007, 08:43 AM
Got a website? I wonder how much?

twj721
02-04-2007, 10:37 AM
They have 2 one is for like hauler beds and the other is where this bed is but the last time I tried to open it it said under repair they are as follows :www.wil-ro.com, the second one is :www.trail-hauler.com
Incase that does not work their phone number is 800 879 1466 and the guys name that I talked to is Don Hamlet

J&R Landscaping
02-04-2007, 03:40 PM
A Ford dealer in Quakertown has a New Ford LCF with the same body for $34k. It looks like a really versitle truck. Maybe in a few years I'll have 1.

Did that truck come with the trimmer racks or did you put them on yourself?

Albemarle Lawn
02-04-2007, 11:32 PM
I have a Fuso going on 7 seasons, no problems with the Mitsubishi. Some probs related to the body, that's it.

The LCF has a new design twin-turbo V6. Time will tell, my prediction is that they will crap out in typical Ford fashion. (Transmissions, Fuel system problems, etc like the 6.0 diesel V8 turd motor).