PDA

View Full Version : Lexmark Phazer or Navigator??

Green-Cuts
04-24-2006, 11:43 PM
Hey

I am looking a head to getting a Z mower and need some advice or input.
I am looking at 2 emark mowers and both have good points.

1. Navigator has the intergrated 9.5 bagging system and would be good for the larger homes that I have been getting called for. They are 1-2 acres and want it bagged. What is the price on these and does it come with the cutting deck??

2. The phaser would also help in those large properties with the 34-44 inch decks. It would also let me get a Z in the back yard of some of my other accounts that would make mowing time faster. I am not sure if the phaser can bag though, does it have an optional baging system? How much do they run?

I have been looking at the Quick 36, Gravely and a few others and from what I can tell most people prefer the Exmarks to anything. Any thoughts or comments on this would be great.

BJ

Green-Cuts
04-25-2006, 07:53 PM
Hi

Any info or if you have used either one of these would be great.

Thanks
BJ

ed2hess
04-25-2006, 09:29 PM
Probably $8K or more for the big bagging unit similar to Walker.

mcwlandscaping
04-25-2006, 10:22 PM
Navigator is over $11k, at least at my dealer

Runner
04-25-2006, 11:04 PM
The Lexmarks are ok, but I prefer a brand name product. Hewlitt Packard has always worked well. The ink cartridges seem to last longer, as well.

mcwlandscaping
04-25-2006, 11:08 PM
The Lexmarks are ok, but I prefer a brand name product. Hewlitt Packard has always worked well. The ink cartridges seem to last longer, as well.
you beat me too it!!!hahahaha

Green-Cuts
04-26-2006, 02:52 AM
Thanks for all the help with my printer problems smart A%$.:hammerhead:
I repair PC's and printers for my other business and just got done working on a lexmark.

I would however like to hear what people have to say about the exmark mowers.

Thanks
BJ

Brendan Smith
04-26-2006, 12:31 PM
the couple of lazer z's i have borrowed from my uncle were great. it will be my next mower.

Green-Cuts
04-27-2006, 10:20 AM
Hey

Any others want to put in ther 2 cents??

Thanks
BJ

mcwlandscaping
04-27-2006, 11:25 AM
Navigator-around $11k
Phazer- around $5k

If you are bagging those sized lawns i would think that the navigator is your best bet because the only bag you can put on the phazer is the side basket which IMO sucks and you would be emptying it every two passes on props of that size and trips to the trailer would be VERY frequent to empty it. The phazer does have its good points in you application as being a small mower to get into back yards and such BUT you can do these back yards with a used 36" mower you can pick up elsewhere a lot cheaper than buying the phazer. The navigator will IMO be the best is your application. large properties that want grass bagged. That is what mowers like the navigator and walkers are specially designed for. on those large props ide bet that the navigator is a lot more comfortable to drive as well. HOWEVER the price difference between the two mowers is emence IMO. Hope that helps

Green-Cuts
04-27-2006, 11:12 PM
Hey

You think the navigator is better than a walker? For that Price range you could get a walker but which is better. I was thinking of maybe doing a Quick 36 for balk yards as well?

Thanks
Bj

mcwlandscaping
04-27-2006, 11:34 PM
navigator hasn't really been proven yet and to be honest ive gone over this in my head a lot where if i was in a position to buy one of these mowers, the walker would probably be better as it has proven reliability and a lot of other attachments for it that would probably be nice. With that being said, ive gotten the lowdown on the navigators and i would buy one. they are nice nice mowers IMO (im still back and forth on it as i really like eXmarks products)

that idea for a quick 36 sounds like a good idea. very good mowers from what ive read on here about them

SWD
04-28-2006, 07:34 AM
I cannot comment on the Phazer(?) as I don't know anything about them.
However, I can comment on the Navigator as I have one and plan a second one with-in four months.
I will not get into a Walker debate, I have posted before my reasoning for why I purchased the Navigator.
The Navigator is sold as a tractor unit, with either a 20 or 27hp Kohler.
The deck size currently is either 42" or 48".
I have the 27hp with the 48" deck.
Exmark is coming out with a side discharge deck, an aerifier, a spring tine rake, a small front end bucket and already have the snowblower, dozer blade and power broom implements.
I paid @ $11,300 for my machine, delivered. Figure at least $10K for the tractor unit and about $2,200 minimum for the deck.
For what I use the Navigator for, the high end residential properties, the collection system has worked admirably. Ground speed is nice, maneuverability is better than my three midmount ZTR's, and quality of cut much nicer than my midmounts.
The ability to trim off of either side of the deck, debris collection, operator comfort and maneuverability, quality of cut, ease of operation, all combine to ensure I will acquire at least one more this year.

Green-Cuts
04-28-2006, 11:06 AM
Hey SWD

Dumb question but still learning about the Navigator. When you said " The ability to trim off of either side of the deck, debris collection" Can you elaborate on this a little. How can you trim off the side deckand what is the debris collection?

Thanks
BJ

mcwlandscaping
04-28-2006, 11:10 AM
what he is saying is that there isn't a collection system hooked up to the side of the deck so you can get close to obstacles on both sides as opposed to if you had a collection hooked up on one side of the deck you could only get close with the other side without the collection system. The debris collection is the bin in the back, it is fed throuhg an impeller in the middle of the unit, it is basically a rear discharge deck with collection system hooked up to the back of it.....hope that makes some sense!

Green-Cuts
04-29-2006, 12:03 AM
HI
That is what I thought I was just not sure because I have seen edging attachments for some mowers and was wondering how those work?

Thanks
BJ

goodgreen
07-01-2006, 04:48 PM
I know this is a late post. I just purchased a 34" ExMark Phazer for $4700. Works fantastic for my application. I was using a Metro and got tired of riding around on a jungle jim. Kept it though for sloped properties. Phazer not too good on any slopes of 15 degree incline.

ed2hess
07-01-2006, 05:14 PM
I cannot comment on the Phazer(?) as I don't know anything about them.
However, I can comment on the Navigator as I have one and plan a second one with-in four months.
I will not get into a Walker debate, I have posted before my reasoning for why I purchased the Navigator.
The Navigator is sold as a tractor unit, with either a 20 or 27hp Kohler.
The deck size currently is either 42" or 48".
I have the 27hp with the 48" deck.
Exmark is coming out with a side discharge deck, an aerifier, a spring tine rake, a small front end bucket and already have the snowblower, dozer blade and power broom implements.
I paid @ $11,300 for my machine, delivered. Figure at least $10K for the tractor unit and about $2,200 minimum for the deck.
For what I use the Navigator for, the high end residential properties, the collection system has worked admirably. Ground speed is nice, maneuverability is better than my three midmount ZTR's, and quality of cut much nicer than my midmounts.
The ability to trim off of either side of the deck, debris collection, operator comfort and maneuverability, quality of cut, ease of operation, all combine to ensure I will acquire at least one more this year.
It looks like the old Clean Cut company with the new name is only running the Navigator and they used to run Walker. I watched them jump curbs with the unit and if they continue that they won't last long. The front wheel forks were already all bent.

wannaquitmydayjob
07-01-2006, 10:54 PM
I was looking at the phazer too due to small property sizes and limited access and like one of the guys said.. only a side bagger. I found the hustler fastrak in the same price range but most importantly a rear bagger sytem for it at 1/2 the cost of exmarks unit... I love it.

TriCountyLawn
07-02-2006, 01:35 PM
Hey

Any others want to put in ther 2 cents??

Thanks
BJ

Navigator was alot better then any Walker ive ran in the past. However, If you dont go with a dedicated grass handeling machine take a look at Hustler products. There 36" wb is a ton better then a quick 36 IMO.