PDA

View Full Version : outrages gas prices in texas how bout you?

texaslandscaper
04-25-2006, 01:58 AM
gas prices here are at 2.89 in my little town and 2.79 in the nearest large town about a hundred miles away. I visited the border in west texas this weekend and the gas was 3.06 in presidio texas. What are the gas prices in your local area.

nekos
04-25-2006, 02:05 AM
gas prices here are at 2.89 in my little town and 2.79 in the nearest large town about a hundred miles away. I visited the border in west texas this weekend and the gas was 3.06 in presidio texas. What are the gas prices in your local area.

$2.60 - $2.80 are normal in my area. just filled up today at $3.09 :dizzy:

sheshovel
04-25-2006, 02:38 AM
There is a thread on this already baby......3.07 here

jbone
04-25-2006, 05:35 AM
you guys got nothing on us up in NY the highest ive seen is $3.54!!!!!

Prestige-Lawncare
04-25-2006, 09:45 AM
I paid $2.73 for diesel last night at Wal*Mart (Murphy Oil).

EscapeLawnn'Garden
04-25-2006, 11:13 AM
Yikes us Albertan's are up annoyed with gas prices being at $1.09(cdn).. so that 95 Cents american.. I am not complaning anymore..

Prestige-Lawncare
04-25-2006, 11:43 AM
Yikes us Albertan's are up annoyed with gas prices being at $1.09(cdn).. so that 95 Cents american.. I am not complaning anymore..

But that's not a gallon ... correct?

Dweezil
04-25-2006, 11:44 AM

Your paying $1.09 CDN a liter right? Multiply that by 4 for a rough idea. It's not exact, but gets you close

Prestige-Lawncare
04-25-2006, 11:46 AM
you guys got nothing on us up in NY the highest ive seen is $3.54!!!!!

BUT ... have you actaully PAID $3.54? I've seen it at $2.99 here yesterday .. but I bought where it was $2.73. To me ... the .26¢ difference in price across the street from each other is proof enough to me that the oil companies are screwing us!

EscapeLawnn'Garden
04-25-2006, 11:58 AM
True true.. I was debating if you guys used litres or gallons .. so we are paying 3.59 per gallon up here (and thats one of the lowest prices in canada) .. so I am back to being bitter.. but thats enough math for this morning..

bugspit
04-25-2006, 12:06 PM
WHAT OUTRAGES ME IS THAT THE OIL COMPANIES ARE MAKING AN AVERAGE PROFIT OF 7 CENTS ON THE GALLON AND OUR GOVERNMENT IS MAKING AN AVERAGE OF 69 CENTS ON THE GALLON. :angry:

BUT, NOBODY IS UPSET OVER THE TAXES WE PAY OUT AND THE "GOODS" WE ARE GETTING BACK?

AT LEAST I'M GETTING A RETURN ON MY INVESTMENT IN FUEL COSTS AND CAN ACTUALLY RE-COUPE SOME OF IT.

newz7151
04-25-2006, 12:42 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060425/ap_on_go_pr_wh/bush;_ylt=ArhPDwaqPOKsl_rRMCasedg8rowC;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl

one man gang
04-25-2006, 01:12 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060425/ap_on_go_pr_wh/bush;_ylt=ArhPDwaqPOKsl_rRMCasedg8rowC;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl

There is a Oilman in the White house, what does anyone expect????

bugspit
04-25-2006, 02:02 PM
There is a Oilman in the White house, what does anyone expect????

Isn't it funny that this oil man you have so much hate for is the only one advocating, conservation, tax cuts, alternate fuels and complains of our addiction to oil?

Wait, don't answer, you probably think it's a lie too.:cry:

MSS Mow
04-25-2006, 03:05 PM
Isn't it funny that this oil man you have so much hate for is the only one advocating, conservation, tax cuts, alternate fuels and complains of our addiction to oil?

Actions do speak louder than words. (or should I say lack there of)

E&MLandscapeServices
04-25-2006, 04:52 PM

He is the ONLY one advocating those things? I think not... even if you meant the only politician. He's probably the last one to jump on the conservation bandwagon since he realized the poll numbers (the ones he said he doesn't care about) are also tied to the price of gas.

We are paying $2.74 a gallon. It was up to $2.89 last Friday - and we were only 3¢ below the national average.... we had been staying about 20¢ below the national average. Apparently, these other states are stealing our cheap gas...

jt5019
04-25-2006, 06:00 PM
Bush orders inquiry into sky-high gasoline prices
http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/04/25/060425163826.mcvs1wwt.html

President George W. Bush has ordered an investigation into possible manipulation of prices at gasoline stations and suspended deposits into America's strategic oil reserves, as the US government tried to rein in record-high fuel costs.

"One immediate way we can signal to people we're serious about increasing supply is to stop making purchases or deposits to the strategic supply for a short time," Bush said in a wide-ranging speech on strategies to combat skyrocketing fuel prices.

"The strategic reserve is large enough to guard against any major supply disruption over the next few months.

"By deferring deposits until the fall, we'll leave a little more oil on the market. Every little bit helps," the US president said.

In remarks to the Renewable Fuels Association, one of the chief backers of ethanol and other alternatives to petroleum-based fuels, Bush unveiled a multi-pronged attack on escalating oil prices, including increased conservation, expanding domestic production and developing alternative sources of energy.

He also said the Federal Trade Commission was investigating whether "the price of gasoline has been unfairly manipulated in any way."

In addition, the president called on oil companies to give up billions of dollars' worth of tax breaks.

Bush acknowledged that the spike in gasoline prices has been felt clear across American society, hurting consumers and putting a damper on business.

"Gasoline price increases are like a hidden tax on the working people. They're like a tax on our farmers. They're like a tax on small businesses," Bush said.

"Energy experts predict gas prices are going to remain high throughout the summer. And that's going to be a continued strain on the American people."

Bush vowed that, with the measures announced Tuesday, he would "make sure that the American consumers are treated fairly at the gas pump."

He added that, with oil prices at record levels, energy companies do not need all of the tax breaks they now get, and proposed eradicating two billion dollars of tax write-offs over the next decade.

Bush said he decided to temporarily halt deposits to the nation's Strategic Petroleum Reserve to make more oil available for consumer needs.

The US president also suggested that consumers bear part of the blame for the soaring cost of fuel, saying that "the prices people are paying at the gas pump are a reflection of our addiction to oil."

"Our addiction to oil is a matter of national security concern," the president said, adding that about 60 percent of the United States' oil comes from foreign sources, compared with just 25 percent 20 years ago.

"Some of the nations we rely on for oil have unstable governments or agendas that are hostile to the United States," Bush said.

"These countries know we need their oil, and that reduces our influence, our ability to keep the peace in some areas."

jt5019
04-25-2006, 06:01 PM
Saw this on Drudge Report might be a good idea

NY Sen. Schumer wants probe into 'whether or not we should break up the big oil companies. Enough is enough'...

bugspit
04-25-2006, 09:57 PM
He is the ONLY one advocating those things? I think not... even if you meant the only politician. He's probably the last one to jump on the conservation bandwagon since he realized the poll numbers (the ones he said he doesn't care about) are also tied to the price of gas.

We are paying $2.74 a gallon. It was up to $2.89 last Friday - and we were only 3¢ below the national average.... we had been staying about 20¢ below the national average. Apparently, these other states are stealing our cheap gas...
So, he's doing this for the poll numbers?? Despite his determination over Iraq and the negative poll numbers in that area he's swayed by poll numbers on the gas issue?? :dizzy:

Tell me, who else in positions of power have been promoting fuel conservation ???? and since you're on the side of alGore, why hasn't he crawled out of his hole and supported Bush's ideas, I mean this should be right up his alley???

All the demoncrats that I've heard have said nothing encouraging, just the same ole answer...NO :cry: down with big business and capitalism :cry: ....Bush is to blame :cry: .

As far as your snip on cheap gas? Supply and demand. payup

bugspit
04-25-2006, 10:03 PM
Saw this on Drudge Report might be a good idea

NY Sen. Schumer wants probe into 'whether or not we should break up the big oil companies. Enough is enough'...

As stated above,....read - down with capitalism.... from mr chuckys sorry azz.

Why not a probe into how our tax dollars are being spent?? They can start with the gas taxes that we pay at the pump.

topsites
04-25-2006, 11:43 PM

that's too cheap, truck fuel runs 3.089, straight off-road fuel costs 3.59 and mixed off-road fuel is over $4 / gallon.

topsites
04-25-2006, 11:44 PM
WHAT OUTRAGES ME IS THAT THE OIL COMPANIES ARE MAKING AN AVERAGE PROFIT OF 7 CENTS ON THE GALLON AND OUR GOVERNMENT IS MAKING AN AVERAGE OF 69 CENTS ON THE GALLON. :angry:

BUT, NOBODY IS UPSET OVER THE TAXES WE PAY OUT AND THE "GOODS" WE ARE GETTING BACK?

AT LEAST I'M GETTING A RETURN ON MY INVESTMENT IN FUEL COSTS AND CAN ACTUALLY RE-COUPE SOME OF IT.

Right but nobody is upset that the average american keeps right on driving, just complain lots but DO drive!

nephilim0167
04-26-2006, 12:15 AM
I filled up today at 3.39 premium. I thought it was bad here in Phoenix - when I drove out to CA Easter Weekend I paid 3.79 for premium in Blythe. Gouging? Not at all! Thiefs.

E&MLandscapeServices
04-26-2006, 12:42 AM
So, he's doing this for the poll numbers?? Despite his determination over Iraq and the negative poll numbers in that area he's swayed by poll numbers on the gas issue?? :dizzy:

Tell me, who else in positions of power have been promoting fuel conservation ???? and since you're on the side of alGore, why hasn't he crawled out of his hole and supported Bush's ideas, I mean this should be right up his alley???

All the demoncrats that I've heard have said nothing encouraging, just the same ole answer...NO :cry: down with big business and capitalism :cry: ....Bush is to blame :cry: .

As far as your snip on cheap gas? Supply and demand. payup

Didn't know I would have to do political research to answer posts on lawnsite but, oh well... Two weeks ago, the Democraps in the US Senate asked El Presidente Bush to join them in supporting legislation aimed at preventing and prosecuting price gouging in the energy markets (http://reid.senate.gov/record2.cfm?id=253933) - but I'm sure you already knew that. If he is supposed be this great leader and decided to be proactive in urging conservation, blah, blah, blah - Why didn't he jump to action then? If Bush wants to conserve gas, how about the little bit required to fuel that 14-car motorcade he rides around in?

Senate Democrats may urge relief at the other end of the pump by calling for a 60-day suspension of the 18 cents-per-gallon federal gasoline tax. The Democrats' proposal would make up for the lost tax revenue by eliminating $6 billion in tax breaks for oil companies. Bush has already signaled that the plan is a nonstarter: Although he said today that oil companies don't need all the tax breaks they're getting, he said he's asking Congress to trim those breaks by just $2 billion over the next 10 years. Oh wait - I thought the Dems were supposed to be tax-and-spend liberals...

Since you mentioned Gore: Bush also announced today that he'll do something he once ripped into Al Gore for even suggesting: use the nation's Strategic Petroleum Reserve as a way to increase oil supply and cut prices. Gore proposed dipping into the Strategic Petroleum Reserve in September 2000 in order to cut prices on home heating oil and bring gas prices down from what was then a shockingly high $2 a gallon. Bush called the plan an "election year ploy" that would threaten national security. Bush said " It should not be used for short-term political gain at the cost of long-term national security" but now he is suggesting doing the same thing. Hmmm - could it be because there is an election coming up next fall?? Nooo, the president wouldn't use an 'election year ploy', would he?

I'm not on the side of Al Gore and I havent heard anything from him nor about him since he last appeared on the news looking like Grizzly Adams. I voted for President Shrub the first time he ran.... I voted Libertarian last election because I learned from my mistake.

I'm not a Democrap nor a Republicant. All of the politicians are criminals and, even though they hold positions of 'public trust' - most cant be trusted. I vote for whichever candidate fits ME. I'm independent - I dont need a political party to think for me. That's enough politics on this forum - I will keep my other comments limited to the Politics Forum on this site.

jbone
04-26-2006, 01:27 AM
BUT ... have you actaully PAID $3.54? I've seen it at $2.99 here yesterday .. but I bought where it was $2.73. To me ... the .26¢ difference in price across the street from each other is proof enough to me that the oil companies are screwing us!

I havent actuall payed that much but soon im sure we all will up here

mr mow
04-26-2006, 01:52 AM
$2.91 in madison wisconsin today at the cheapest.

bugspit
04-26-2006, 12:06 PM
PRDidn't know I would have to do political research to answer posts on lawnsite but, oh well... Two weeks ago, the Democraps in the US Senate asked El Presidente Bush to join them in supporting legislation aimed at preventing and prosecuting price gouging in the energy markets (http://reid.senate.gov/record2.cfm?id=253933) - but I'm sure you already knew that. If he is supposed be this great leader and decided to be proactive in urging conservation, blah, blah, blah - Why didn't he jump to action then? If Bush wants to conserve gas, how about the little bit required to fuel that 14-car motorcade he rides around in?

Senate Democrats may urge relief at the other end of the pump by calling for a 60-day suspension of the 18 cents-per-gallon federal gasoline tax. The Democrats' proposal would make up for the lost tax revenue by eliminating $6 billion in tax breaks for oil companies. Bush has already signaled that the plan is a nonstarter: Although he said today that oil companies don't need all the tax breaks they're getting, he said he's asking Congress to trim those breaks by just $2 billion over the next 10 years. Oh wait - I thought the Dems were supposed to be tax-and-spend liberals...

Since you mentioned Gore: Bush also announced today that he'll do something he once ripped into Al Gore for even suggesting: use the nation's Strategic Petroleum Reserve as a way to increase oil supply and cut prices. Gore proposed dipping into the Strategic Petroleum Reserve in September 2000 in order to cut prices on home heating oil and bring gas prices down from what was then a shockingly high $2 a gallon. Bush called the plan an "election year ploy" that would threaten national security. Bush said " It should not be used for short-term political gain at the cost of long-term national security" but now he is suggesting doing the same thing. Hmmm - could it be because there is an election coming up next fall?? Nooo, the president wouldn't use an 'election year ploy', would he?

I'm not on the side of Al Gore and I havent heard anything from him nor about him since he last appeared on the news looking like Grizzly Adams. I voted for President Shrub the first time he ran.... I voted Libertarian last election because I learned from my mistake.

I'm not a Democrap nor a Republicant. All of the politicians are criminals and, even though they hold positions of 'public trust' - most cant be trusted. I vote for whichever candidate fits ME. I'm independent - I dont need a political party to think for me. That's enough politics on this forum - I will keep my other comments limited to the Politics Forum on this site.

Funny how the Republicants sent that same letter :confused:

As far as Bush wasting fuel, it's as hypocritical as algore and clinton doing environmental speeches while Air Force one sits on the runway.... idling. What is the alternative, how else is the President to travel?

Concerning tapping the SPR's, at that time they were not at full capacity to allow draining off. Speaking of tapping, the Clinton administration did not permit oil production in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge and this today is costing the United States more than one million barrels a day of lost production. This is also thanks to the left-wing-wacko environmentalists that the donks cater too. You don't hear a donk pushing any new drilling do you?

I'm sure you have also noticed that every time that nut-case in Iran opens his mouth the market jumps, then the pump price follows.

I will agree with you that they all play politics and the Senate is full of greedy crooks but, the lesser of two evils, the one who shares the majority of my views and values plus the one who stands a chance to win will get my vote.
I've also have voted out of party lines, up until the primary but, until one of them matches the polls like the donks or a repubs, I'll stay with the repubs.

Cheers :usflag:

FinerCutslawnCare
04-26-2006, 01:21 PM
Yea, and for kids like me that have a big truck and every time we fill it up it costs $50 (give or take), I am just saying it is hard, and I only drive to school and back(school permit). I can't imagine how hard it is for you guys!