PDA

View Full Version : Wrong or right??

robbo521
04-25-2006, 02:18 AM
went to my Gravely dealer today.told him i would be back before friday to pay for new mower.i asked him what i needed to do for him to hold it till then.he said $200.00 non-refundable deposite and i will hold it.he is just a counter sales person,does this sound right?

sheshovel
04-25-2006, 02:28 AM
Ther deposit should be put towards the purchace price that's for sure!You don't just give them $$ to hold it without getting that money back or having it taken off the price of the mower period.I sure woulden't PAY anybody two hundred dollars to hold a mower for me and not recieve that money back one way or another.You need to make him clarify himself on this.

Lynden-Jeff
04-25-2006, 02:40 AM
Hi,

Sounds like what he ment was you have to put down $200 but if you change your mind on the purchase you don't get that money back. If you buy the mower then $200 gets taken off the price. Atleast thats what it sounds like to me

Cheers!

Jeff

sheshovel
04-25-2006, 02:45 AM
Well if that's what he means then that is a bunch of crap too.I change my mind all the time.Pick out a mower someplace where they have them in stock and do a test drive on a few 1st too.Take your time and pick at your leasure it is not a decision you should jump into quickly..do some searches in here and find out the pro's and con's of the mowers you are interested in. If you have to pay them to hold it.Because THEY don't carry enough stock to sell then
.I would buy it elseware

Absolute Weed C
04-25-2006, 03:43 AM
Take your money to another dealer,,,,,,,,, and tell him you are doing so,,, he cant keep your money unless you signed a contract saying the money is non refundable------If you did that then DUH!!!!! What are you thinking???? There are other dealers that will get you what you want without stealing from you...

oslo
04-25-2006, 06:28 AM
Also GET A RECEIPT FOR THAT $200. Just as they can't keep it without a contract saying it is non-refundable... You never gave it to them if you have no RECEIPT.
Go to another dealer though for sure.

ArkansasLawns
04-25-2006, 08:20 AM
Sometimes you don't have the luxury of having too many dealers to choose from. A deposit yes. Non refundable, no. Is this the same guy you are going to have service your new mower?

robbo521
04-25-2006, 10:23 AM
this one i liked very much was a 2005 model.but after he told me that i told him i would just move on.

JJLandscapes
04-25-2006, 07:35 PM
all deposits are suppose to be non refundable... You leave a deposit so they dont sell it to anyone else

what if you come back in a week and be like i dont want it and he could have sold it to someone else who ended up bringing his business elsewhere

Thats why its non refundable so if you screw them they make some money that was lost..