PDA

View Full Version : Paying A Company For Leads

EPIC
04-25-2006, 09:54 PM
has anyone done this and how has it worked out for you ?

MudslinginFX4
04-25-2006, 10:31 PM
has anyone done this and how has it worked out for you ?

I give a kick back to all customers who get me referrals, including businesses. I usually send a gift card for meal around $50, or a gift card to something else that people like. I have one lady that has landed me 15 accounts, she has received something each and every time.

topsites
04-25-2006, 10:50 PM
Actual customers (folks I can close), yes.

Leads, no!! Don't do it unless you know this company, they can just as easily get people to call and you go out and give estimates all day long but never get the first job or maybe some small one-time 40-dollar stuff only, I would never pay for anything but closed deals.
There's companies out there sell leads on one end, and on the other end 'pay' customers to perform certain tasks, they might charge you 40 dollars per lead, then pay someone $10 to follow their instructions involving calling you for an estimate etc, etc...
click.

Leads are worthless, I can generate leads by the millions (generating means they are all fake). Waste your time all day.

Btw, did they (that company) approach you with this?
If so, double-time click!

lawncarepros2004
04-25-2006, 10:53 PM
yeah. Been throwing $50 a referral to a sprinkler tech I know for season contracts he gets me.

drsogr
04-25-2006, 11:09 PM
I pay the phonebook once a month for leads.

dtelawncare
04-25-2006, 11:44 PM
I offer all my cutomers one free cutting for any yearly customer they refer to me. Later on I would like to be able to send things like gift cards. Maybe when the $$$ starts rolling in.

EPIC
04-26-2006, 08:05 AM
thanks for the imput know it was a link on this site that made me ask the question ....sounded like a scam to me ...