PDA

View Full Version : What to charge

Choctaw Scalper
04-26-2006, 03:46 AM
I got a customer who has 2 acres. The back acre they only want to mow once a month then mow the front when they call. I told them $65 for the front and 20' out the back door, then $100.00 for the lot. Well needless to say I wasn't expecting them to only mow the back 1 time a month. By the time I mow it it is a good foot tall and takes forever. What should I do? Tell them it is more if it is only 1 time a month, or just eat it?

JodyLee
04-26-2006, 05:28 PM
You can fix all that by charging by the hour. I like to charge $50 all around. If your mowing weekly it might take 1/2 a hour ($25). If your doing it monthly and it takes 3 hours ($150). Just don't tell them your hourly rate, they don't rely like paying anyone that much because it sounds like a lot, but they don't take in account your overhead. Also that "I call when it needs mowed" stuff is crap, People that do that stuff are cheep. Not only does it take way more time to mow tall grass its extremely hard on the equipment and they need to know that. When you properly cut grass you should only be cutting 1/3rd of the grass hight at one time anyway.

my .02

Jody Lee

LawnScapers of Dayton
04-26-2006, 05:35 PM
either get them on a regular schedule or dump them.......you will only lose in the current arrangement......

Derek