PDA

View Full Version : Considering Sales people

Paradise Landscapes
04-26-2006, 08:16 AM
I am consideing on talking on a salesman to help boost sales. This person would make in-person contact to Commercial - Residential potential clients.
How should I go about hiring (interview) to Paying?

ed2hess
04-26-2006, 06:03 PM
Go sit down and have a few drinks with a TG salesman and ask him. I have found their workers to very helpful.

Paradise Landscapes
04-28-2006, 08:58 AM
where can I find TG salesman?

Paradise Landscapes
01-13-2008, 03:47 PM
What is a TG Salesman?

LushGreenLawn
01-13-2008, 07:17 PM
TG = True Green, your competition

Paradise Landscapes
01-14-2008, 12:44 AM
TG = True Green, your competition

I don't see how they are my competitors since I don't use chemicals.

mikeny
01-14-2008, 11:10 AM
I also am thinking of a sales/management person, kind of a mini me. someone to make sure calls get returned, bills are sent, payments pick up when needed, supplies ordered, permits in hand etc. That said I'm not sure how much to expect to pay or how to establish a pay system, base, commission, any ideas would be helpful. BTW I prefer the production side of the business and would like to spend more time there and less in the office or pick up chasing leads or materials.

Paradise Landscapes
01-14-2008, 12:07 PM
I'm looking more of a person to make me sales. Everything else I can do. Everything would be based on commission. This will motivate the sales person to make more money based on his/her abilities.

mikeny
01-14-2008, 12:10 PM
commission as % of gross sales, % of profit if so how would you calculate overhead, your car your gas, your cell or theirs.

LushGreenLawn
01-14-2008, 03:39 PM
Even if you don't spray chemicals, True Green is your competition. They typically have a relationship with a local mowing company that they will refer clients to. Thats beside the point though...

My advice as far as a salesperson would be to give a set bonus per account. Otherwise your salesperson may expect residuals for the life of the account. Do you want to be cutting a salesperson that no longer works for you a check 10 years from now for a longtime account?

Paradise Landscapes
01-16-2008, 04:38 PM
My thaught was using a sales person for strictly Landscaping Jobs. I'll be selling people on mowing. Residuals? If they did land me mowing clients, How dod I pay them for that client?