PDA

View Full Version : Newbie questions!

Lynden-Jeff
04-26-2006, 11:14 AM
Hi,

Well Ive decided I would like to restart my old LCO. Mind you I was very young when I had my last one but had a real go at it!. Now I have the funds to really start it so I want to give it a try. I do have a few questions though however. I am debating a walk behind 48" and a 52-60" zero turn scag or JD and I'm pretty set on the zero turn. Do you guys use zero turns on even small properties? Also, I'm in Canada so I think my pricing is a little difference. Does the .005 per SQF still work? Is that for the ENTIRE lot size or just grass area?

Cheers and thanks!

Jeff

mrbray101
04-26-2006, 12:28 PM
You basically need to figure how much you need no make an hour to cover all of your costs plus your desired hourly rate. If it costs you 10 bucks an hour to run your equipment and you want to make 40 an hour then 50/hour is your rate. Now when price a lawn, figure how much time it would take and just use your hourly rate. I wouldnt use the sq ft method because there are way too many variables from lot to lot. If you are jsut starting I would recomend starting with a walk behind and working your way up. No need to buy a big zero turn if you dont have the grass to cut with it yet. Start small and pay cash and when you need a z you will be able to buy it. Good luck to you.