PDA

View Full Version : Pool retaining wall install how to estimate

clyde
04-26-2006, 07:35 PM
Hi ,

Can someone list some steps and how to go about putting a 3 foot retaining wall around the flower bed of a pool.

I want to charge by the block and have it where the labor and material is fixed into it.

I would like someone to list the procedure steps so I make sure i don't forget anything.

1. Level spot for retaining wall after digging out.
2. etc...
3. etc...

Would top soil , sand , or gravel be best at the bottom part.
remember this is by a pool so i thinking it will have some water splashed out from time to time even though its about 10-15 feet out from water.

Also do i need to put DEADMAN's into the dirt so far away or can I just place that orange net mesh as a stabilizer so the wall want start tilting out.

What kind of glue?

Hell if you have a link with these steps just post it.
:weightlifter: Thanks

neversatisfiedj
04-26-2006, 09:05 PM
ahh .. nevermind

all ferris
04-26-2006, 09:12 PM
Why don't I just come down there and build the wall for you????:laugh:

cgland
04-26-2006, 09:19 PM
Also do i need to put DEADMAN's into the dirt so far away or can I just place that orange net mesh as a stabilizer so the wall want start tilting out.

Is this a set up!?!?! Am I on candid camera??? Am I being punked??:hammerhead: :dizzy: :hammerhead: :dizzy:

Chris

Mike33
04-26-2006, 09:29 PM
How do you guys like you actually pull this off? Do you go out saying im a landscaper today, i can do this?. Sorry, if you dont know how to bid it you sure as hell can't build it. Wonder how this worked before everyone had computers. Now everyone can start bombing on me, i have asked questions have have offered help and still will. However i dont believe in people going out playing contactor and misleading customers. I run a legitamte business landscaping, hardscaping, etc., but i dont go out and do dry wall work and get on the internet and ask how to do it
Mike

Squizzy246B
04-27-2006, 08:31 AM
Hey Clyde...From your post: if your legit you really need some experience with the basics before you get into a contract situation. What the guys are trying to say is they can't train you all those things you are asking above here on the forum. that orange net mesh as a stabilizer that basically means you have no idea what you are doing. Nothing wrong with asking a question like: I have no idea how to build a SRW, could you guys tell me where I can got some info...books, videos, seminars, training, good links for learning. These guys make a living out this...they give freely of their experience and knowledge daily...just don't expect them to teach you the whole kaboodle that took them years to learn.

If your not legit I hope you having a good time but don't forget mate...It will make you go blind in the end.:laugh:

Have a nice day

ynvvbr
04-27-2006, 08:42 AM
WOW!!!!!

Orange netting??

Deadman????

he did say block right???

I am not one to criticize, but jesus no wonder our lives are getting harder.

Mike33
04-27-2006, 05:52 PM
Hey Clyde...From your post: if your legit you really need some experience with the basics before you get into a contract situation. What the guys are trying to say is they can't train you all those things you are asking above here on the forum. that basically means you have no idea what you are doing. Nothing wrong with asking a question like: I have no idea how to build a SRW, could you guys tell me where I can got some info...books, videos, seminars, training, good links for learning. These guys make a living out this...they give freely of their experience and knowledge daily...just don't expect them to teach you the whole kaboodle that took them years to learn.

If your not legit I hope you having a good time but don't forget mate...It will make you go blind in the end.:laugh:

Have a nice day
Well put!
Mike

cedarcroft
04-27-2006, 11:12 PM
I assumed this was a joke but then I recalled a conversation I had with a Nicolock rep and he told me that they had a major failure on a wall last summer and the contractor used orange construction fence for geo grid to save money. so people do stooooooopid sh!t.
to answer the original post:
I am VERY new to this hardscaping game. when I get asked to do a project that is above my head, I first check with other contractors I am friendly with and see if they can do it, then I get the job and work alongside an EXPERIENCED individual and get the job done. I have done this several times in the last year or so. I have learned more in the last year than you can ever imagine. but the most important thing I learned is this: DO it right, or do it twice. get help, lay off the dope and use your head. walls are serious sh!t and if not done right can kill someone. its not like planting an Azalea wrong. An Azalea won't suddenly jump out of the ground and land on a kid eating corn on the cob and kill him.