PDA

View Full Version : Our new hardscaping trailer!

cgland
04-26-2006, 08:45 PM
Finally got it back from the lettering guy!:dancing:

P.S. By the way Dan! Those pics are of OUR work!

Chris

neversatisfiedj
04-26-2006, 09:04 PM
That is the coolest really !!

Drafto
04-26-2006, 09:19 PM
Looks great Chris.......the comment about me was a little uncalled for but hey, it made you feel better. I am just curious, in 2 weeks will you be complaining that this new hardscaping toy was a waste of money too?

Trailer looks great!

Dan

lawncare18
04-26-2006, 09:52 PM
Lets see the inside man!!!!!

all ferris
04-26-2006, 09:55 PM
Looks great and very professional. How much did the lettering cost?

kris
04-27-2006, 07:07 AM
Very Nice! :clapping:

Squizzy246B
04-27-2006, 08:39 AM
Chris, Your trailer looks fantastic.....and now mine looks like a POS compared....I hate you:cry: :cry: :(

I think I'll go down the shed and see if that old spray paint gun still works??

cgland
04-27-2006, 07:52 PM
Thanks guys! The trailer cost $3,800 to letter and unfortunately I don't have the inside set up yet. (Fridays project) I think it turned out pretty nice. By the way Squizz - It has an anti-Aussie system on it, so don't even try it! LOL

Dan - Thank you for your kind words. It's always great to help out you young upstarts and really show you how to run a business!:laugh:

Chris

sheshovel
04-27-2006, 07:56 PM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: Really sweeeet!Wow I am impressed!

mbella
04-27-2006, 07:57 PM
Like I told you, I think it looks great! However, I'm not ready to drop that kind of cash on mine at this time. Maybe, when I have your kind of money I'll take the plunge.

Dirty Water
04-27-2006, 08:27 PM
I don't like how the website is broken by the door, but other wise it looks awesome.

I'm curious as to how they do photo's.

Drafto
04-27-2006, 11:45 PM
Like I told you, I think it looks great! However, I'm not ready to drop that kind of cash on mine at this time. Maybe, when I have your kind of money I'll take the plunge.

Is this the same guy who shows up to estimates in a limo?

Drafto
04-27-2006, 11:50 PM
I don't like how the website is broken by the door, but other wise it looks awesome.

I'm curious as to how they do photo's.

It is not rocket science Jon. You give them a picture and they print it out on vinyl that has a sticky back, similar to tape, then they peel the back off to expose the glue and stick it to your trailer. If you don't get it, my 3 year old has a sticker collection and she would be more than happy to show you how to put stickers in a book, then maybe you could correlate that to a trailer.

Dan

Drafto
04-27-2006, 11:52 PM

Chris

I think it looks like it but did you go with the reflective lettering?

Dan

Squizzy246B
04-28-2006, 09:05 AM
By the way Squizz - It has an anti-Aussie system on it, so don't even try it! LOL Chris

What, it has no beer??:eek:

DUSTYCEDAR
04-28-2006, 09:11 AM
i will continue with the azz kissing parade that really looks nice

Paradise Landscapes
04-28-2006, 10:04 AM
CGland,
Where can I get digital printed pics? I like your trailer!

cgland
04-28-2006, 09:40 PM
A company called Graber Letterin' did the install. I collaborated on the design. (After all, I did go to college for graphic design/commercial art) The letters are not reflective AFAIK! Aparently he has THE state of the art digital printing system that he uses to print pics. He then clear coats them and they supposedly last for 5-7 years w/o fading. Just started with the inside today. I will post pick as they become available. Thanks for the compliments............except for Dan (Thanks for the insults)

Squizz - There's always room for beer!:drinkup:

Chris

Drafto
04-28-2006, 10:14 PM
A company called Graber Letterin' did the install. I collaborated on the design. (After all, I did go to college for graphic design/commercial art) The letters are not reflective AFAIK! Aparently he has THE state of the art digital printing system that he uses to print pics. He then clear coats them and they supposedly last for 5-7 years w/o fading. Just started with the inside today. I will post pick as they become available. Thanks for the compliments............except for Dan (Thanks for the insults)

Squizz - There's always room for beer!:drinkup:

Chris

What insults? I said I liked it? I didn't mention you being too cheap to get the reflective. You are too sensitive.

Dan

all ferris
04-28-2006, 10:17 PM
Holy cats!!!! $3800???? My 2 year old nephew could have done that with a few crayola's:laugh:. Really looks good. I guess if I had CG's money I could burn mine.

Mike33
04-29-2006, 01:41 PM
Looks really nice. 1 ? what do you actually haul in it that i cant my pick up bed. I dont get the concept if your in the hardscaping business. I would hate to pull a extra trailer around that didnt help me much. Your trailer is very nice
mike

Henry
04-29-2006, 03:34 PM
Doe your pick up bed have the volume of an enclosed trailer? Does it have walls where you could hang tools? Can you disconnect your bed and leave it at the job site and not have to unload it every night?

kris
04-29-2006, 03:54 PM
Doe your pick up bed have the volume of an enclosed trailer? Does it have walls where you could hang tools? Can you disconnect your bed and leave it at the job site and not have to unload it every night?

And to add to that Mike ... the thought behind ours was having everything on hand with less chance of forgetting small things at the shop...IE: snap edge, spikes, marker paint...the list goes on. It also frees up crew cages for additional crews in the shop.
This is the first season for ours... i'll let you know how they work out as the season progresses. If they work well we will add more next year.

My thoughts are that Just the time saved loading and unloading daily will pay for themselves in no time....not to mention the advertising on them.

cgland
04-29-2006, 10:20 PM
Mike - Here is what I can haul in my trailer that you can't.......

3,400# Wacker
5,700# Wacker
2 - Cut-off saws
BX-3 table saw
Block splitter
Rotary laser
12' magnesium screed board
8' magnesium screed board
4' magnesium screed board
(4) 10' steel screed rails
(3) 5 gallon fuel cans
50 pcs. Snap edge
3 cases of spikes
3 cases of adhesive
3 spade shovels
2 flat shovels
2 edging shovels
(2) 3' rakes
(2) 1' rakes
1 pick
1 wheeled tool box with any hand tools, tape measure, levels, hammers, pvc glue, speed squares, pencils, trowels, string line, glue guns...etc.
100 pair Wonder gloves
Dewalt saw-zawl
Dewalt 18 volt cordless drill
Dewalt circular saw
Dewalt hammer drill
Dewalt jig saw
Dewalt screw gun
(10) 8' electrical conduit
brick tongs
Versa lifters
paver adjusters
hand tampers
12.5' roll geotextile fabric
12' roll geogrid
300' of extension cord
Safety cones
tarps
Totes filled with stuff for doing low voltage lighting
5 bags each color polymeric sand

and probably 20 more things that I don't feel like naming!

I hope you have a big pick-up bed!:dizzy:
If you are SERIOUS about hardscaping then these are the things you need!
I couldn't function without my hardscape trailers....Plus they are huge rolling billboards and job signs.

mbella
04-29-2006, 10:24 PM
Looks really nice. 1 ? what do you actually haul in it that i cant my pick up bed. I dont get the concept if your in the hardscaping business. I would hate to pull a extra trailer around that didnt help me much. Your trailer is very nice
mike

Mike, you could probably haul all the same crap in your truck.

However, here is why we have an enclosed trailer: A lot of our jobs for our number one crew are two to three week jobs. On day one, the trailer gets dropped at the site. The trailer remains on site until the job is complete.

Every tool the crew needs to complete that job is in that trailer. We have a lot of expensive tools that need to be in a secure place. They are tools that we would not leave in a truck overnight. Instead of the crew having to load the tools at the shop, unload at the site, load at the end of the day and unload back at the shop, they simply show up at the job, unload the tools and then load them at the end of the day.

mbella
04-29-2006, 10:25 PM
Mike - Here is what I can haul in my trailer that you can't.......

3,400# Wacker
5,700# Wacker
2 - Cut-off saws
BX-3 table saw
Block splitter
Rotary laser
12' magnesium screed board
8' magnesium screed board
4' magnesium screed board
(4) 10' steel screed rails
(3) 5 gallon fuel cans
50 pcs. Snap edge
3 cases of spikes
3 cases of adhesive
3 spade shovels
2 flat shovels
2 edging shovels
(2) 3' rakes
(2) 1' rakes
1 pick
1 wheeled tool box with any hand tools, tape measure, levels, hammers, pvc glue, speed squares, pencils, trowels, string line, glue guns...etc.
100 pair Wonder gloves
Dewalt saw-zawl
Dewalt 18 volt cordless drill
Dewalt circular saw
Dewalt hammer drill
Dewalt jig saw
Dewalt screw gun
(10) 8' electrical conduit
brick tongs
Versa lifters
paver adjusters
hand tampers
12.5' roll geotextile fabric
12' roll geogrid
300' of extension cord
Safety cones
tarps
Totes filled with stuff for doing low voltage lighting
5 bags each color polymeric sand

and probably 20 more things that I don't feel like naming!

I hope you have a big pick-up bed!:dizzy:
If you are SERIOUS about hardscaping then these are the things you need!
I couldn't function without my hardscape trailers....Plus they are huge rolling billboards and job signs.

You forgot the beermeister.:)

ynvvbr
04-29-2006, 10:56 PM
and a partridge in a pear tree!! lol

zedosix
04-30-2006, 12:58 AM
i will continue with the azz kissing parade that really looks nice

I'm with you on that one brother.

Mike33
04-30-2006, 06:41 PM
Okey i get the picture. We all run a different style of business. My hardscaping consists of srw only i do not do pavers. In my truck bed besides my tool box that i carry small misc. hand tools. I only have to have cut off saw, shovel, rake,plate tamper, etc. works okey for me. I can see if your on larger jobs it would pay off as long as no one steals it if left on job site. Your trailer is a touch of class. Also i am a 2 man company
Mike
www.bobcatservice33.com

GreenMonster
07-03-2006, 02:01 PM
And to add to that Mike ... the thought behind ours was having everything on hand with less chance of forgetting small things at the shop...IE: snap edge, spikes, marker paint...the list goes on. It also frees up crew cages for additional crews in the shop.
This is the first season for ours... i'll let you know how they work out as the season progresses. If they work well we will add more next year.

My thoughts are that Just the time saved loading and unloading daily will pay for themselves in no time....not to mention the advertising on them.

I know this is an old thread, but I'm searching for a trailer right now, because I'm so sick of :

1. Constantly forgetting small items (just like Kris said)
2. Constantly loading/unloading (just like Kris said)

I hope to have one in the next few weeks. I can't stand it much longer.

Rex Mann
07-03-2006, 06:14 PM
We are looking at picking up a trailer too.

The guys that have them: what is the optimum size for
hardscaping?

Any thing you would add after the fact, like built in cabinets
generator...?

How has the "rolling billboard" worked out. any jobs from it.

Peace,

Rex

http://PaverExperts.Com

tthomass
07-03-2006, 09:31 PM
i don't see the trailer???

Squizzy246B
07-04-2006, 06:05 AM
On day one, the trailer gets dropped at the site. The trailer remains on site until the job is complete.

What anti-theft devices do you use...for the whole trailer that is. The reason I asked is a guy lost his whole skid and trailer here recently...dropped it off for a couple of hours and came back from the rubbish tip and it was gone.

cgland
07-04-2006, 09:03 AM
Rex - We have a 14 footer and a 20 footer. I think the 14 is too small and the 20 a bit too large(although it is very easy to move around in when loaded). I think the optimum would be 18' By the time you add shelves, a generator rack, cabinets, etc. you can eat up alot of space.

Squizz - On extended stays, we have a lock that goes through the pin latch of the trailer. Now if you have a pintle...........:confused:

Chris

bumper
07-04-2006, 11:46 AM
Very Very Nice !!!!

tthomass
07-04-2006, 08:28 PM
okay so maybe i'm just ******ed but i see no trailer on any page........first i thought maybe the computer i was on wouldn't display but i'm on a different one now and still nothing..............where is it?

dtelawncare
07-05-2006, 01:03 AM
I didn't see the trailer either, but did go to your site. I tip my hat to you. The site is very nice and your work if A Class. I hope one day I can play in the same league with you. VERY nice!!!

Drafto
07-05-2006, 08:00 AM
Rex - I have a 7'x16' and it seems, when oprganized properly, to be a good size. I think it is all in the organization, someone could probably use a 14' if equipped properly. Once you get past 16' you are really trusting someone to know what they are doing going down the road..........especially if you get an 8' wide. JMO.

Dan

mrusk
07-05-2006, 05:45 PM
CG we are still waiting for inside pics!!!!

TriCountyLawn
07-08-2006, 01:49 PM
Alright wheres the pics ?

Team-Green L&L
07-09-2006, 11:05 AM

Chris

Am I missing something? I can't find the pics of your trailer. We bought a new trailor and couldn't live without it. Hey, thanks for the eye-opening reply on the paver job.