PDA

View Full Version : QuickBooks Inovice - individual comments

Roger
04-27-2006, 12:22 AM
Is there a way to put individual comments on the invoice? For example, an invoice for a particular customer is being sent and I want to add a comment or question on the bottom of the invoice, for this time only.

I see a disclaimer can be added, but this is an item for all invoices using that template. There must be a way to just add a statement or two on a particular invoice, one time only.

Thanks.

leadarrows
04-27-2006, 01:17 AM
On mine if you space the comments down 20 spaces it would be at the bottom just using the description area. That is if your comments are only one line long. You would have to start out on line 19 for two lines of comments and so forth. May not be the best way but it is simple and for one time comments I would think it would do fine.

LawnScapers of Dayton
04-27-2006, 07:09 AM
yeah.....what he said

Roger
04-27-2006, 07:36 AM
I think both above posts are meaning to put the comments WITHIN the box of service date, description, amount (or whatever is in your columns). Am I right?

I want to put the comments OUTSIDE the box with the work/task entries, in an area to the left of the summary boxes. Your suggestion would work, however.

Any other ideas? Thanks.

Premo Services
04-27-2006, 08:34 AM
After you imput the work you have done, go down a couple lines in the description column and click the line where you want to start(don't make an item for it). Put your message in there for individual customers. I do this all the time to upsell more work. It works great....
or mabey you could customize your invoice the way you want it to be.

Littleriver1
04-27-2006, 08:47 PM
mine has a place at the bottom for customer message.