PDA

View Full Version : work, then messages, then phone juggling!

K.Carothers
04-27-2006, 01:11 AM
How many go through this???

A long day working.

Finish up and retrieve all messages for estimates and messages from customers.

You start to call your large list.

The first person doesn't pick up, you leave message.

You do this for a couple calls before someone answers.

As your talking to the one that answers, the others decide to call.

You try to handle it but the juggling is driving you nuts especially after a long day.

You finally say...:drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup:

kc

grassyfras
04-27-2006, 01:16 AM
Eh sort of. I just get so many calls from current customers wanting this and that. Its getting hard to call them all back in the same day.

Bustus
04-27-2006, 02:03 AM
Ya thats typical, especially during the peak early summer months.

1MajorTom
04-27-2006, 02:39 AM
You need a wife. ;)

Sharp Services
04-27-2006, 02:46 AM
You need a wife. ;)

That has been my answer. Cindy handles the calls and then passes off the ones I need to talk to. She has my appointment book and fills in new items. It take good communications between the wife and me. So far no trouble.

JimLewis
04-27-2006, 03:51 AM
I used to go through that cycle every day. But NO MORE. I only have to answer calls from my workers and friends. That's it!

Having office staff rocks!

:cool2:

LawnTamer
04-27-2006, 04:15 AM
one day last week I had like 30 lawns to spray, should be about 10-15 minutes each, the first one took 35 minutes because I was on the phone, 4 calls in one yard. I finally gave up answering, returned 9 messages at lunch and 13 at the end of the day. GRRRR!!!
This time of year I shudder when my phone rings even though 90% of the calls are just people wanting to start or add services.
As soon as I have enough $$$$ I will pay someone to take all my calls and do all my billing:)

rodfather
04-27-2006, 07:21 AM
You need a wife. ;)

I'll settle for the g/f...no offense Jodi.

MOW ED
04-27-2006, 07:31 AM
It is like that in early spring for me and I am solo. Its a tough situation. Either you make or take the calls for more work or you cry in your :drinkup: when you run out of work and the money stops coming in.
I agree that it is a pita to have to work all day and come home but then again thats what I wait for when its 20 below outside.
It will get better, have another cool one.:waving:

CutInEdge Lawn Care
04-27-2006, 09:41 AM
Have wife, need g/f.

geogunn
04-27-2006, 09:49 AM
Have wife, need g/f.

that would never work for me. with my luck they would either both be mad at me at the same time or try to "love me to death" at the same time....:dizzy:

GEO :laugh:

LindblomRJ
04-27-2006, 10:47 AM
Have wife, need g/f.
I can't afford one, let alone both.

cwlawley
04-27-2006, 12:33 PM
Are you complaining that you are getting so many calls that you are having to juggle them?

I'd like to know how many accounts, percentage-wise you land that call. If I didn't answer my calls throughout the day I'd go out of business. They want to hire the first person they call around here.

sheshovel
04-27-2006, 03:46 PM
Agreed...everytime my phone rings I see $$ signs in my eyes.I don't mind returning calls at all.

K.Carothers
04-27-2006, 09:36 PM
Are you complaining that you are getting so many calls that you are having to juggle them?

I'd like to know how many accounts, percentage-wise you land that call. If I didn't answer my calls throughout the day I'd go out of business. They want to hire the first person they call around here.

I'm talking about the juggling act I perform at night when I start calling a customer/potential customer and their voice mail takes my message. 6-7 calls into it, my call waiting starts up when these customers start calling back while I'm talking to another.

I do not need to answer every call. I land a high percentage of customers that I actually meet.

kc

HOOLIE
04-27-2006, 10:04 PM
Just for this reason I've REALLY REALLY been pushing the use of e-mail with the current clients. I can sit down at 11:30 at night and shoot off a response, or 6am before work, whenever. Most calls I get from customers do not require an actual phonecall back.

I also upped my cellphone plan 2 years ago, I return most calls between lawns while driving.