PDA

View Full Version : advertising....

SEKscag
04-27-2006, 08:53 AM
What has been the best BANG for your buck on advertisement. I found the local newspaper to be WORTHLESS and overpriced. I do have a pretty good sized phone book ad. I am in the process of adding sheetmetal signs to my trailer sides and tailgate. I've heard of people using doorhangers, flyers, etc... I did send out 400 flyers (city population of 10,000) to every member of our country club. Just starting my 3rd season and would like to add about 10 more properties, I currently do 34/wk. I realized I'm getting a little late for the season, but it's better to be late than never at all. Plus I can always use something for the fall and next spring. Thanks in advance guys!!

LawnGuy73
04-27-2006, 09:06 AM
Word of mouth, your work should speak for itself... :usflag:

SEKscag
04-27-2006, 09:37 AM
Trust me I realize that. I catch some flack from the "major" company in town that services 400+ properties, because I do spend the extra time it takes to finish up a job. I usually take about 15-20's longer than they do, depending on the job. But in a smaller community quality work alone isn't enough. I mean I will accredit about 90% of my business from people seeing my work and asking for a quote. My first year I had 10 accounts, 2nd yr had 20 and now the 3rd i have 34, I'd just like a way to "jumpstart" the process a little.

kirk brown
04-27-2006, 11:38 AM
i put out around 250 flyers and ran an ad for a month in march and i can`t take any more lawns. i still got 2 calls yesterday mostlry from word of mouth.:)