PDA

View Full Version : New Logo .. Give me feedback please.

Prestige-Lawncare
04-27-2006, 12:33 PM
http://pic17.picturetrail.com/VOL839/4414135/9828347/142529248.jpg

southernlandscapespecial
04-27-2006, 12:43 PM
Looks nice and very professionalism

Prestige-Lawncare
04-27-2006, 01:15 PM
Thanks ...

I just thought of something. How about making "Prestige" just a little bigger font, and Lawn Care just a tad smaller. If I had the same font in a "bold" .. that would work too. That way ... Prestige would stand out a little more.

After all ... Prestige is the name ... Lawn Care is what we do. :weightlifter:

BALSECA LANDSCAPING
04-27-2006, 03:17 PM
It Looks Like Your Services Would Be Pricey

1MajorTom
04-27-2006, 04:11 PM
I think it looks very nice, but I don't consider it a "logo". I also think that it will be pretty expensive to print. I think a logo should be kept pretty simple, something that is easy to remember and will stick in potential customer's mind.

sheshovel
04-27-2006, 04:19 PM
I think it's cool..but where's your phone # on there?
Looks real good to me.I like it alot.

sheshovel
04-27-2006, 04:20 PM
Looks nice and very professionalism

Wouldent that be professionalistic?
LOL!

All_Clear
04-27-2006, 09:35 PM
Looks good..... But

I wouldn't use that as a logo, I wouldn't even call it a logo.
Logo's are simple, easy to print, cost effective to print, etc... etc....

That's something you may use on a post card when targeting high end homes or use it on a brochure explaining your service's.

Cost wise it would be to expensive to print.
Customer wise, you're going to scare off "some" people by looking over priced.
You can present yourself as very professional in other ways then trying to go broke with impressive logo/pictures/advertising.

But like i said it looks good.

All Clear

JJLandscapes
04-27-2006, 09:50 PM
I think it looks very nice, but I don't consider it a "logo". I also think that it will be pretty expensive to print. I think a logo should be kept pretty simple, something that is easy to remember and will stick in potential customer's mind.
\
everything he said

Runner
04-27-2006, 10:09 PM
Wouldent that be professionalistic?
LOL!

YOU silly!....EVERYone knows that would be professionalous!

Anyway, logo or no logo...I know what you have in mind. You are wanting to use this on your cards and such. This could also be printed as a giant decal. Frankly, I think it looks good, but what's more than that, is the fact that the letter styles you picked look great, match each other, are of attractive color, and fit the theme. Good luck with it.

NIXRAY
04-27-2006, 10:09 PM
I'd Add A Phone Number, Your Name, And Use It As A Biz. Card!?!?
(just My 2 Cents)

grassmasterdawn
04-27-2006, 10:17 PM
I think it looks very nice:clapping: , particularly if you're going after the more upscale market? And who wouldn't like a piece of that pie?

And as far as the others that have mentioned the high cost of printing a full color item like that - there are plenty of printers online who do full color where the cost is not much higher than one color. If that is a consideration, shop around. The little bit extra you would pay would probably be more than compensated by the type of clientele you would attract.

Prestige-Lawncare
04-27-2006, 11:41 PM
Thank you all .. and you know what ... you all are right! I guess it's not really a logo ... and yes .. I was thinking of business cards when I designed it. There is a printer who is really, really reasonable .. VistaPrint.com (http://www.vistaprint.com/vp/ns/default.aspx?) ... and they will print on the backs for only like $4.95 more. I was thinking of using text on the other side for the important stuff, like name, number. etc.

Also .. I was thinking of graphics for the side of my enclosed trailer too.

Thanks all .... I owe you all a :drinkup:

E&MLandscapeServices
04-29-2006, 12:20 PM
Well... I dont believe you can use the ™ symbol with your name. The name "Prestige Lawn Care" is used by many lawn care companies in the US so you cannot claim it as your intellectual/industrial property and use it to uniquely identify your "brand" or services. A trademark used to identify a service rather than a product is called a servicemark and is indicated by SM rather than TM...

If this is a new business, how did you determine your name? You list your location as Indianapolis/Avon, Indiana; Google search... and the University of Indianapolis website indicates that one of their football players owns/operates a company called Prestige Lawn Care - if thats not you, you may not want to take on a football player over the use of a business name, even if he is a kicker, see Nick Parker (http://athletics.uindy.edu/msports/football/bio.php?sport=foot&season=fall2005&first=Nick&last=Parker). :laugh:

At least one other LCO showed up in Indiana as using the Prestige name also. I don't know if those LCOs in Indiana are still in operation but you may want to select a more unique name (or you can use the Prestige Lawn Care name and hope that some boosters from the University of Indianapolis mistake you for the football player and send some business your way... not that boosters would ever do that. :cool2:) I tried to search the IL secretary of state's UCC database to see if anyone had reserved/registered that name but I didnt see where you could do that online....

From the Small Business Bible (http://www.smallbusinessbible.org):

What is Logo Design?
Logo Design is very noteworthy for the illustration of the business. Logo design is considered to be the tool which helps in giving the first impression of the business. Before starting a trade much contemplation is given to the logo design and the manner in which the logo design would be created. The logo is designed according to the name of the company and the business production it launches in the market.

Advantages of logo design
Logo design promotes the business professionally in the market.
Logo design helps in attracting potential customers and client to the business.
Logo design gives a unique and innovative identity to the business.
Logo design is as important to the business as the business name.

A suitable logo is elected before the launching of the business in the market. It is very important that the logo design is original and unique for the identification of a particular business alone and is not a typecast logo.

What to look for in a logo design?
A logo design should be eye catching and simple. It should be designed using simple color patter and terse text and its unprofessional to ornate the logo design unnecessarily. Logo designs can be created by the business itself using software or if the company lacks the expertise to create the logo design according to their standard then the business could hire professional logo designers to create the logo. Getting a designer is a wise investment as the designers have the knowledge to designed logo according to the business specification and could help in creating logos that are more fitting to the business. It is also very necessary that the company logo is innovative and a similar logo design is not being used by any other business. Once a logo design is created it can be copyrighted and registered to the business it represents.

What to avoid in logo design?
The pattern of the logo design is very important. An eye catching design pattern indicates the professionalism and productivity edge of one business over another. The logo design should be eye-catching but it should be made sure that under no condition the Logo design should appear cheap or showy to the clients. A business should avoid heavy decorating of the logo and different combinations of color in the logo design. The key of a perfect logo design is simple color patterns and innovative ways to deliver something new to the customers.

Prestige-Lawncare
04-29-2006, 04:47 PM
Like I posted above, and was referenced to by another poster, my design is more of a business card design, or advertising design for graphics used in my business. A logo is something way more simple, and just a symbol of your company.

From the source: Small Business Bible (http://www.smallbusinessbible.org/)

With the competition in all business industries on a rising edge and with the shifting trends of the business market, a business card is of vital significance and is an effective tool in the marketing of the business. A business card is the representation of the company and is the only way to contact a person. Good design business cards convey the standard of the company it represents. Most of the potential customers are attracted to the stylish design and striking quality of the business cards. Creating a business card of high quality and standard used to cost thousands of dollars to the business industry and was not cost efficient for most of the organizations. However with the rising popularity of the business cards in the industries the E-Market has stepped in the development of the business cards and have introduce “free business card template” which is a pocket- friendly technique to design an attractive business card.

As for the ™ ... you are correct ... and that won't be on my final template. That was just my first "rough design" ... and that is why I asked for input. Input is always very helpful ... as yours is. Thanks for the tips and hints. (as for football players from the University of Indianapolis ... well ... I'm not worried about that.:weightlifter: )

Thanks to everyone for your input ... hints ... tips and advice!

Prestige-Lawncare
04-29-2006, 05:17 PM
I forgot to add: (and couldn't edit after 10 minutes after posting the original)

[INDENT]On edit: I forgot to add a thanks for the link to Small Business Bible (http://www.smallbusinessbible.org/) ... this can be very helpful.

My web address will also be www.PrestigeLawnService (http://www.prestigelawnservice.com/) because PrestigeLawnCare was taken.

Edited: Please no unsponsored advertising.

Prestige-Lawncare
04-29-2006, 05:56 PM
This would be more of a true "logo"

http://pic17.picturetrail.com/VOL839/4414135/9828347/143023474.jpg

Prestige-Lawncare
04-30-2006, 10:29 AM
Better?

http://pic17.picturetrail.com/VOL839/4414135/9828347/143179404.jpg

Remember ... this is a business card design.
All of the particulars are printed on the back (i.e. name, phone number. etc.)