PDA

View Full Version : Passing out flyers

R&R Lawn Care
04-27-2006, 03:53 PM
I'm new to the biz and have a question concerning advertising with flyer's. I already have a flyer made up but should I put a price for my services on the flyer or have the customer call for a quote? I'm starting out with residential homes with average sized yards. Any help would be appreciated.

sheshovel
04-27-2006, 04:12 PM
I am a firm believer in never quoting a price tell you look at the job.You want to know if the lawn is in condition to maintain at your basic price or if you are going to have to do a clean-up or double mow to get it in shape to maintain.

1MajorTom
04-27-2006, 04:20 PM
Personally I think if someone is interested in lawn service, they will call whether there is a price listed or not.
Each lawn is different, I say price the lawn when you go on the estimate.

ed2hess
04-27-2006, 07:37 PM
If you are trying estimate on the low side then put it on it will attract a certain type of customer. The largest residential lawn company in US puts their prices on....they charge more for bi-weekly and mows toward the end of the week.

R&R Lawn Care
04-27-2006, 08:26 PM
That's kinda what I was thinking. I just wanted some pro advice!! Again thanks to all who replied...

jbone
04-28-2006, 05:40 AM
why is it that they charge more for a bi-weekly cut?

R&R Lawn Care
04-28-2006, 12:09 PM
I would think it would be harder to cut..?? I think I'm going to charge a little bit more for bi-weekly mowing...

All_Clear
04-28-2006, 12:30 PM

Cutting every 2 weeks around here your not only going to kill your mower but your about going to have to double cut it or need a bailer. twice the work/time = twice the money or more.

For the org. question i wouldn't put prices on flyers. Best to just quote each property, walk it with the homeowner and see what their expectations are, price it accordingly.

All Clear

chriscraft
04-28-2006, 09:22 PM
I agree with SHE, don't put in your price, you could say quality work at a fair price or something (unless your planning on being obscenely high) I always tell my customers we try and do a great job at a reasonable price and if we arent doing soemthing to par to please call us and let us know so we can remedy the issue. Sell your good points in your flyer, reliability,affordability, and dependability. We have found that most customers dont want the lowest price although its nice. They want 1) you to show up every week on the same day 2) they want you to do a good job (not a great job, but that helps) 3) a fair and reasonable price for services rendered. When we get a new customer that had a previous company, I make a point to find out why they called me, and what the other company did wrong. #1 answer is always that they came different days or not at all, or quit showing up, or cut at 7 am or 8pm, they even went as far to say they did a good job (when they showed up) so above all STRESS YOUR RELIABILITY!!!!!!!!!!!!

mad_wrestler
04-28-2006, 11:14 PM
I agree with SheShovel. Never ever put prices on flyers. The first ones to call are the corner lots with miles of edging!

sheshovel
04-29-2006, 12:38 AM
Boy I am getting alot of people agreeing with me today...what the heck is going on around here?...is this a conspiracy or sumpthin?:waving: :waving: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing::waving: :waving:

alyssa
04-30-2006, 12:02 AM
I am not in this business *yet* but have been doing marketing for a while. I agree with the other, don't list the price - giving a quote is the better option. I
t will save you any hassles if there are reasons why the quoted price on the flyer isn't the one you want to charge them for whatever reason...

ed2hess
04-30-2006, 01:47 PM
Grass is a little taller but it was only $2 more a cut....weedend was also $3 more a cut.

GrassQuester
05-01-2006, 10:35 PM
The first 2 years I put out flyers without the price the last 2 years I put the price on all my flyers I believe ive had alot more callbacks with the price, it takes out the guessing game for them.

CWRSNY
05-02-2006, 03:06 PM
I've found putting a price on the flyer get's twice as many calls!

LandscapeMasterpieceGA
05-02-2006, 03:41 PM
I just got through putting small quote flyers on doors. I targeted lawns in need of mowing in upper scale neighborhoods. Each flyer simply had basic company info, and a line saying-"Quote for basic weekly service for your lawn $_______" I am thinking that this more direct approach will give me more prospects than flyering the mailboxes in a whole subdivision. I'll let you know how the calls come in.

R&R Lawn Care
05-02-2006, 06:50 PM
Well I got 50 flyers out today with 500 hundred to go for this week. I opted for no price for now but I might try some with a price for targeted customers. Again thanks for all the help I'll let you guys know how I do!!!:)

alyssa
05-03-2006, 02:11 PM
If you do want to put a price you could always word it something like "Prices start out as low as XX.XX" that way you still have room to move the price around if needed. Then you can do a comparison and see which flyers are doing better. Good Luck!

R&R Lawn Care
05-03-2006, 07:42 PM
Thats a good idea alyssa!!:)