PDA

View Full Version : Hemlock mulch

cat320
05-14-2001, 08:09 PM
I just got a 50 yd load of it in last week it's really nice stuff but it seamed a bit pricy.My buddy just got some in and he was paying 21 a yard and I was paying 25.50. This is in the Boston area what has every one else been paying for bulk loads?:blob3:

steveair
05-14-2001, 08:23 PM
Hello,

I can get hemlock mulch at a local nursery for 25 a yard with my "landscaper" discount (they sell to homeowner for less than 30 I believe), and thats for 1 yard at a time or more. The nursery is not known for 'great' prices either.

If you are buying bulk and having it direct shipped, I'd have to say you should be able to do much better than that. I do not know who the nursery buys it from, but I'd imagine its MUCH cheaper than 25, probably in the mid-teens or lower.

By the way, it is nice mulch. Spread nice, looks nice, and smells nice. For some reason, the stuff I get always has banana peels mixed in. Guess its some kind of organic factor. That, and it occasional smells like moth balls. Sometimes I wonder what is in this stuff.

Maybe, because of all the wooly adelgid knocking out all the hemlocks here in Jersey, they have a local, cheap supplier, but I still think you should be around the same price up in boston.

steveair