PDA

View Full Version : $400 MILLION Retirement Pension

CutInEdge Lawn Care
04-27-2006, 09:25 PM
EXON Cheif Financial Officer recieves $400 million Retirement Pension. Now I am stupid, but, I do know there are only 365 days in a year. That equates to over $1 million per day bonus for one yr. How could you even afford to eat on such chump change?

CutInEdge Lawn Care
04-27-2006, 09:26 PM
http://www.local6.com/automotive/9042633/detail.html

JJLandscapes
04-27-2006, 09:49 PM
what a lucky bastard

if this is another anti gas thread keep in mind they profit 8 cents on every gallon sold while NY state collects 83 cents off every gallon on the taxes

K.Carothers
04-27-2006, 09:51 PM
what a lucky bastard

if this is another anti gas thread keep in mind they profit 8 cents on every gallon sold while NY state collects 83 cents off every gallon on the taxes

Good point.

What about the athelets that work less and make more(percentage).

K.Carothers
04-27-2006, 09:54 PM
That tax rebate idea is a joke.

What about a true price breakdown when you buy gas???

Gas $1.23
oil company .08
Federal and state tax $1.06

kc

LandscapeMasterpieceGA
04-27-2006, 09:54 PM
they make 8c a gallon? my ass! what about the $75 a barrel they are getting before they refine it?

Runner
04-27-2006, 10:04 PM
That's what I'M talkin' about! Just look at their profits for last year. It adds up to ALOT more than 8 cents per gallon when you do the math of gallons used. And when you get the numbers and figures of total gallons used in the U.S., remember....this is the TOTAL used....Not just just from the one company named Exxon. Believe me, they make ALOT more than 8 cents a gallon. That might be what the STATIONS make, but that's not what Exxon makes......

CutInEdge Lawn Care
04-27-2006, 10:07 PM
No anti-gas thread here. I have to eat like the rest of you guys. I might have to push the Z and pull the walk behind with a rope to all of my jobs.

ALarsh
04-27-2006, 10:30 PM
The government taxes more money per gallon of gas than the oil companies profit per gallon. And they are the ones launching an "investigation".:dizzy:

hackitdown
04-28-2006, 07:50 AM
So when gas was $1.50 just a couple of years ago (two?), how did that tax/profit split thing work? Now gas costs $2.89, where is that additional $1.39 going? Are the record oil co profits are purely coincidental?

Let's not forget that the Federal Gov't (congress wrote and president signed the bill in July 2005) gave $85 Billon in subsidies (AKA corporate welfare) and tax break to oil companies. But hey, oil was only $60/per barrel last year...now it is how much...$73? Is that supply-side economics at work?

That guy that made $400Mil, good for him. He struck a deal with his employer, he made good on his end, and he got paid. His pay is based on company performance. So it shows us is the sick amount of profits the oil cos are making.

Look, I'm a complete economic conservative, supply and demand, every man for himself, survival of the fittest. Always have been, always will. But this is a huge scam, and I for one am not happy. Tax breaks for oil cos, come on.

And now they want to send us all a gasoline rebate check for $100 to shut us up (borrow and spend, increase the deficit and federal debt). What the...?

grassmasterdawn
04-28-2006, 07:19 PM
EXON Cheif Financial Officer recieves $400 million Retirement Pension. Now I am stupid, but, I do know there are only 365 days in a year. That equates to over $1 million per day bonus for one yr. How could you even afford to eat on such chump change?

So that's how we wind up with what I saw last weekend - a guy riding a bike that was dragging a push mower tied to the book rack on the back and holding a string trimmer in his right hand at the same time!:laugh:

beautifullawns
04-28-2006, 07:21 PM
this is a very easy topic.

Gas company profits =+$8 billion
Their cost are rising(so they say) yet the also have higher profits.

We all get ripped off:hammerhead: