PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Brakes

oldrustycars
04-27-2006, 11:26 PM
something you may not be aware of...Dexter brake assemblies complete are only a few dollars more than buying shoes and magnets.
im getting parts for my buddies enclosed trailer, with 2 3500# axles. list price on the dexter web site is $75 for a complete 10x2 1/4 electric brake. list on shoes and a magnet is almost 60, throw in springs which should be done, or an adjuster and you went over a new assembly. and i found new complete assemblies on the web for 38 apiece, 11 shipping. then its just 4 bolts and 2 wires, and you have new brakes. dont forget to get the drums turned. just a helpful hint i learned along tome ago.

BSDeality
04-27-2006, 11:31 PM
I discovered the same thing last year when I put elec brakes on my trailer, i bought all the pieces and then discovered you could buy them as a set for half price. DOH!

dtelawncare
04-29-2006, 04:14 PM
Hey guys, where is a good place to get a brake kit for trailers? I have a 6x16 and want to put brakes on it.

oldrustycars
04-29-2006, 08:10 PM
Hey guys, where is a good place to get a brake kit for trailers? I have a 6x16 and want to put brakes on it.
search for the Dexter Axle web site. they have pics and part numbers of everything you need, plus they list their dealers. i found a truck parts store near me also carried everything i needed.