PDA

View Full Version : Oil Stains on Pavers

turfquip
05-14-2001, 09:26 PM
Any easy to remove oil spots without replacing the paver?

Any advice or suggestions appreciated :-)

Ed

steveair
05-14-2001, 09:39 PM
Hello,

They do make a lot of special paver cleaners for this, but for only a few you may not want spend the time locating or the money on buying a 5 gallon pail that you will never use.

Simple ideas like power washing may be a start. If not, try some soap/degreaser and a good steel bristle brush.

Last, but not least, a little, and I mean a little, meriatic acid can go a long way. Be sure to dilute with water, and after scrubbing, rinse the area with lots of water. It will eat a way a little of the surface, but not that noticeable. Did this once a few years ago and the area I cleaned still looks good today.

steveair

kris
05-14-2001, 09:42 PM
Try this.... a little laundry detergent brush and pressure washer...careful with the pressure washer not to get it to clean... I used to seal hundreds of paving stone driveways...the laundry detergent was our SECRET INGREDIENT ...we would sprinkle a bit on the dark lines where the car would drive up and down the driveway..light brush...pressure wash the whole driveway.....light sand to fill the cracks....sweep clean.....2 coats of sealer....looked great