PDA

View Full Version : Now THAT is SERVICE!!!

RockSet N' Grade
04-28-2006, 07:49 PM
Had 3 dump trucks round tripping me all day from around the corner. Using a demo Gehl skid 6640. Salesman ( Josh Martin ) calls me said he sold it, guys are on their way to pick it up......They picked up the machine, and I was left with a shovel and frown...........not 20 minutes later Josh shows up with a new CTL60 and appologized for the situation and was there anything else I needed? I told Josh my guys and I were hungry.......he left and came back with food for me and the whole crew.....no charge. Now, THAT is called SERVICE and is the primary reason I use Gehl. Never got that from Cat or any others....Josh Martin has just raised the bar, and if the truth were known, I would probably be using any equipment that he was in charge of...
All in all, we caught up, finished the day in fine style with no hunger pangs to boot......

ma5tr
04-28-2006, 08:09 PM
to be quite frank...I dont believe that is anything above normal. The guy screwed up by letting you know last minute that the machine you had was being picked up......he knew that you were going to be a customer and if he did not get his act together he was out of some comission. I've had sales people randomly come to job sites, coffee in hand, "just to tell me what new at *****"
They know that if they make a good impression that can be the difference.

All in All, its definately not a Bad Thing!!!!!

Just one word of advice when you are negotiating your final price with the guy.......don't think he is "doing the best" he can for you, always make sure he calls for a answer from his boss on a price that he says is to low, and make sure he keeps calling.....If he says "i'm not gonna waste my bosses time because that price is just to low" tell him you'll call yourself. Be a hard ass when buying...remeber its YOUR money.

tylermckee
04-28-2006, 08:34 PM
Our supplier for pipe/catch basins/etc gives us great service. If we really need something he will personally bring it to us that day, usually we call in an order and its there next day. Few weeks ago he bought us pizza, and my boss just gave me tickets to a mariners game from him.

Scag48
04-30-2006, 12:12 AM
Uh yeah, if someone took a demo machine from me before I was done, I'd be pissed. I would expect nothing less than lunch in a situation like that. At least he realized his mistake and corrected it, but taking your demo machine without at least 2 days notice is a bit strange to say the least.

RockSet N' Grade
05-05-2006, 11:02 PM
Scag.......a bit strange you say? To me it was probably one of the most unprofessional occurances of my career, but then again, this is the land of paradox.....Utah, and anything goes here.....what this place presents the world as an outside image is not the real deal on a day to day basis.....

2004F550
05-06-2006, 01:08 AM
well it happens...our Cat delaer had us trying a 325D this week, the first one for them, and we had it for a day when they called and said another salesman sold it..its another mans machine then so we loaded it up and took it back.....we didn't mind too much as we've had a Cat 226 on demo for 2 weeks now and they haven't even asked us about it.....atleast he made it right for ya

Qualey
05-06-2006, 09:03 AM
Well, it definately doesn't help you out, but they're out there to sell machines and money talks. Why rack up hours on a unit when you can send it down the road to someone else? They probably could have handled it better though.