PDA

View Full Version : Moving Property Lines

Tn Lawn Man
04-28-2006, 08:57 PM
I have had several next door neighbors to my customers all of a sudden have a shift in their property line giving my clients more yard space.

What is the deal?????

I guess they figure if they mow less than the neighbor's "lawn boy" (me) will have to do it.

Funny thing is, if it were another issue like where to put a fence or something then their view would be reversed.

METRO 36
04-28-2006, 09:25 PM
they probaly figure you will mow that section for them, last year i had a neighbor of a client try that one on me and the home owner insisted i did not mow this section. So after a few weeks in may when the grass was 1 foot tall, i saw the neighbor gruntin and sweatin with a murray push mower trying to tame the beast, he kept it mowed after that.

PGA
04-28-2006, 09:28 PM
I work off a fenceline or electrical boxes. Ive had a few neighbors try that with me. It looks pretty bad when a few feet isnt cut for a few weeks but they get the point.

topsites
04-28-2006, 09:50 PM
I've been asked before if I would, and if they're being pretty nice and not trying to sneak it in on me, I usually do it so long it's not every time or it doesn't take long.

But when all of a sudden the WHOLE ditch belongs to my customer and stuff like that... Sometimes I might tolerate it but the cute neighbors generally give themselves away by sitting outside while I'm working and looking all cool and smug. Once that happens, it's all over because I'm not their toy and the mere thought of them sitting there thinking how smart they are rides me hard.

First solution is to let it go, it's not my problem. Only time it becomes my problem is if my customer tells me it's theirs. If the neighbors come over to try and talk to me, I keep on working. btw, the mower is fast enough to outrun some of the most persistent ones, the weedeater nobody comes near when I'm using it (actually, one guy did one time lol). If they plant themselves in the way, I just go around and if it continues, head to another section of yard.

Either way, if it wasn't included and it's a lot more than it was before, any more than a few minutes worth and I'm pretty sure where the property line exists, I put a surcharge on the bill for this magic line motion. The surcharge is a timed amount related to how much longer it takes now. Interestingly enough, almost always another type of magic happens as a result of the surcharge and suddenly the property line is back where it always was.

Yeah gee, who would'a thunked it.
///////////////////