PDA

View Full Version : Need more work...HELP ME!!!

biggin69
04-28-2006, 09:18 PM
I just got laid off from my full time job today:confused: . I cut grass part time in the evenings. I am going to have to cut full time to pay the bills now. Anyone in the Hamilton Ohio area need help??? I have my own equipment. Let me know.

Splicer
04-28-2006, 09:38 PM
I would love to help you out but am having a time myself...If I hear anything I'll PM you...:usflag:

biggin69
04-29-2006, 07:46 AM
Thanks Splicer!

biggin69
05-02-2006, 10:35 AM
Nobody needs help????

Prestige-Lawncare
05-02-2006, 11:13 AM
I live in Indy .. so I can't help you with your request. But ... what I can do is maybe help with some encouraging advice.

What a great motivator it is when we are forced to do something. You obviously have the ability, equipment and knowledge to be in this business in some way ... so we know you can do it. When we are forced into action, it seems we always come though ... somehow ... someway.

By doing quality work, in a professional manner, professional appearance, and on time ... you will come across more business. Most people pick by what they see .. and if they see quality for a decent price .. most will go that way.

Word of mouth, networking, and being visible is key to any business endeavor.

Dave
Prestige Lawncare Service
Part of the Davidson Select Group

LawnTamer
05-02-2006, 11:52 AM
Ohio to Utah would be quite a commute, but here is some thing I have found useful, I made up a little flyer, basically it says
"we do you neighbors lawn at ________________ And we'd love to do yours too."
It then goes through all the advantages of using our company and has a spot for a weekly service price. It also has a coupon.
While we are at our accounts I take a few minutes to look over the neighbor properties and give them quotes on this form.
It seems to be effective and we have many stops each day on our route where we service multiple properties.
Good luck

Team-Green L&L
05-02-2006, 11:56 AM
We have been servicing the Greater Cincy area for 5 seasons now and this is turning out to be the toughest due to all the FBNr's. We have lauched a major marketing campaign and will hopefully need extra subs for the mowing end of our market. Give me a call or PM me 513-545-4649

biggin69
05-02-2006, 07:31 PM
Team Green, Could I get your name? I tried to PM you but it would not go through. I do not want to bother you or inturupt anything so you can call me @ 513-617-3537 at your convenience if you would. Thank you very much!

grassmasterdawn
05-02-2006, 10:03 PM
Nobody needs help????

Trust me, I feel your pain...in an area like mine, where everybody and their grandmother is towing around a trailer with at least 2 or 3 mowers on it, the competition is fierce. To be successful, you probably have to wade through a difficult first year and think creatively.

I've contacted churches, explained to them my own personal situation and asked them if they might be able to put me in touch with any elderly parishoners who might need lawn care or if they have a bulletin board where they might allow me to put up a flyer. I also ask if the church itself takes bids on the maintenance of their own property or cemetery.

I drive around looking for small businesses that have raggedy looking property and will mail a request to bid on their lawn and landscape work. I also tend to look for less desirable properties like day care centers and Christian schools that may involve a lot string trimming. I don't mind putting out more time and effort, as long as I know that after my overhead costs are subtracted, that I am still making more money hourly than what I would at my regular job.

If you know of any trailer parks, stop in and see if they take bids on mowing the whole complex of if the individual renters cut their own grass. If the individuals are responsible for their own lawns, go around and leave flyers on the doors (if the park allows that) or some of them have a community bulletin board near the mailboxes.

I don't know if any of these suggestions will work for you, but I hope you start seeing some customers come rolling in soon and for that matter, I hope I do too.payup

Geo777
05-02-2006, 10:58 PM
I started out by putting over 2,000 flyers out and knocking on doors. Make it a goal to talk to people about your business. One-on-one, the mail canít do that.

mr mow
05-02-2006, 11:25 PM
biggin69, my advice to you would be for you to call Team-green L&L. its up to you to get the ball rollin. he is obviously very busy if he is looking for subs and probably doesnt have the time to call. I think you should call, i think it looks better. just my .000056

biggin69
05-03-2006, 08:25 PM
That is true Mr Mow. I will call him tomorrow. I just got in touch with a wealthy individual in my area that has 100+ properties and he is going to let me mow for him. Pays by the hour, not the job, but it is income. Also, had 1000 flyers printed today. Plan on passing those out in my free time. Thanks To All of you wonderfull people for the advice!!!

mr mow
05-03-2006, 08:48 PM
this may not be legal but i didnt get in any trouble and got 10 accounts in a week. get some poster board from office max or where ever and get some lath, and build you some signs. cost me $ 40 to make $35. put the signs at the entrances to subdivisions so everyone can see them. worked great. i also made 900 flyer and got maybe 3 jobs from them. lower than average. plus it takes awhile to hand out that many flyers

StBalor
05-03-2006, 08:58 PM
Tell the customers that you already have to tell their freinds about you. And for every 2 freinds they get to sign up with you for seasonal grass cutiing, you will give that person 1 free cut. and do the same with your new customers also.

yrdandgardenhandyman
05-03-2006, 09:07 PM
this may not be legal but i didnt get in any trouble and got 10 accounts in a week. get some poster board from office max or where ever and get some lath, and build you some signs. cost me $ 40 to make $35. put the signs at the entrances to subdivisions so everyone can see them. worked great. i also made 900 flyer and got maybe 3 jobs from them. lower than average. plus it takes awhile to hand out that many flyers

On the flyers, just remember that you won't get instant results. I'm getting more calls this year than last from flyers I put out in March 2005. I think people must put them in a drawer and get them out when needed. I spent $300.00 on flyers and have had gross sales of over $10,000.00, directly attributed to those flyers, so far. I guess that means I am going to do some more flyers. payup

rhatala
05-03-2006, 09:17 PM
I found out today I am getting layed off as well. I fell your pain.

Splicer
05-03-2006, 09:27 PM
We have been servicing the Greater Cincy area for 5 seasons now and this is turning out to be the toughest due to all the FBNr's. We have lauched a major marketing campaign and will hopefully need extra subs for the mowing end of our market. Give me a call or PM me 513-545-4649
How many subs are you looking for??? And what is "FBNr's"???

biggin69 you have to have made so many posts before you can PM someone...