PDA

View Full Version : what to do w/ collected grass

The Curious Porpoise
04-28-2006, 08:31 PM
out of everyone i ask, no one can give me a straight answer. where can i dump collected grass? I have no place to put it at my residence, the township doesn't allow commercial people to use their dump facilities, and no mulch places around accept it. I've tried to get in touch w/ farmers, but they aren't interested in taking it either. What's a LCO to do?

topsites
04-28-2006, 08:41 PM
I don't bag.

My machine is called a 'Grand Toro Recycler' <- Guess what, it ain't the Grand Toro bagger, it's a recycler and recycle is what it does, that's what it was designed for and that is how it works best and it is for me, the only way.

Only other thing I can tell you is put it in lawn bags and leave it by the customer's curb for the trash collection to pick up.
But me, I don't bag.

mike lane lawn care
04-28-2006, 08:43 PM
do you have property in the woods? create a pile and let it deccompose.

bobbygedd
04-28-2006, 08:50 PM
what town are u in?

JJLandscapes
04-28-2006, 09:19 PM
call up every landscaper im sure one will tell you where to go... we bag also and leave at the curb but it is illegal and some customers ask us to take it away but 100 of our 110 customers dont care and let us leave them

you cant leave garbage bags out before 5 pm of garbage day the rule is never enforced unless a neighbor calls up and complains and u get 3 warnings before they stop collecting your garbage...

The Curious Porpoise
04-30-2006, 11:59 PM
i don't like the leaving it at the curb idea-that wouldn't fly around my area. no, i have no where to put it at my property, or at any of my customers properties. i also understand the mulching/recycling concept, but sometimes the grass is just so high (and sometimes wet), that even if you triple or quadruple cut it, it's still gonna clump. what do u do in this situation?

also, i just use regular high lift blades. will gator blades help grind the clippings up finer?