PDA

View Full Version : For All You Excavation Guys.....

texas
04-28-2006, 09:03 PM
im testing the construction market. i found this website, http://www.americanexcavatingservices.com/rates.htm, very helpful. what i cant figure out is how do you price hourly if you are say, demolishing a house? you're gonna have to bring a excav., skid, dumps, dozer, and maybe a mini ex. do you price all of them and add?

thanks and i hope i am not making a mistake by testing this market. i think that with all the houses being built and trees being cleared though, i can bring in some $$$$$$$$.payup payup payup payup payup payup payup payup payup payup :drinkup: :drinkup:

texas
04-29-2006, 12:46 PM

murray83
04-30-2006, 05:27 PM
what equipment are you looking at?

tylermckee
04-30-2006, 06:22 PM
you dont need all that crap to demo a house, all you really need is a 12 ton+ mahine, and either a dump truck or a hire an outfit to drop some dumpsters for the debris. Ive seen so many guys haul in 3-4 different pieces of equipment for one job when everything that the guy did could have been done with one machine, in the same amount of time. Just keep it simple.

murray83
04-30-2006, 07:09 PM
i've done a demo job with a 305 and a dumpster simple stuff.

get steel tracks if your into alot of demo reason why is a trade trick...keep walking the machine over the rubble as it breaks it down and can keep dumpster space to a minimum.

salvage anything u can it can keep yer costs low in a bid,look over the house before u bid and see what u can rip out,i look for piping,wireing,decent wood to salvage and bring that into yer quote,its labour intensive but its worth it.

12 ton is nice with the weight and reach but as i said it can be done with a mini it just takes longer.

jsbmaine
04-30-2006, 10:23 PM
Tandem Dump- $75 per hour
Tri Axle Dump- $85 per hour

Trackloader - $85 per hour
Bull Dozer- $75 per hour
Backhoe- $65 per hour

These rates are about a year old though, so you also have to consider the cost of fuel.

If you are pricing by the job, you have to figure your landfill costs too, usually per ton, and also you should have an idea of what is there that you might be able to salvage and sell.