PDA

View Full Version : This lady is just to funny

DynaMow
04-28-2006, 11:31 PM
A fella from church calls and askes me if I could cut his Moms place and his daughters place for three weeks as he is going out of town and needs it done. I say yes I will look at them and give you a price. He says just go cut them and let me know how much I owe you when I get back.

OK so last Friday I cut both lawns, daughters place is a mess, Moms is imaculate.

Pics of daughters property

pic #1

DynaMow
04-28-2006, 11:32 PM
pic #2 (what a mess)

DynaMow
04-28-2006, 11:33 PM
pic #3 wow

DynaMow
04-28-2006, 11:36 PM
pic #4 nice place huh?

mcwlandscaping
04-28-2006, 11:39 PM
i really don't like mowin places like that, hope you are giving them a nice$$$$ bill!! did you get any pics from after you mowed it or of the mothers place?

DynaMow
04-28-2006, 11:39 PM
Now the funny part. Daughter calls me last night and says. I do not want to be a pain, but could you cut it the other way instead of going from front to back could you go side to side. I think it looks better like that. Plus once I start cutting it again it will be easier for me if thats the way you go.

I said OK no problem. That was really confusing to me. Went and cut today side to side, but guess what the place still looks like crap.

sheshovel
04-28-2006, 11:44 PM
UPsell-Upsell-Upsell what are you waiting for..tell her it really looks a mess..tell her you can make it look so much better..tell her it is safer to have the shrubs trimmed up so neighbors can see burglers or prowlers around her house.UPSELL your services!Craig..whatsa matta wid ya huh?

6'7 330
04-29-2006, 12:14 AM
From the looks of that dump, the whole property needs up-sold, or condemned.

DynaMow
04-29-2006, 12:18 AM
Shovel shes got no money!!!!!!!!!!

6'7" I agree with you.

olderthandirt
04-29-2006, 12:20 AM

6'7" I agree with you.

Then buy the place fix it up and resell at a nice profit or let some renters pay off the mortgage

1MajorTom
04-29-2006, 12:31 AM
This doesn't seem like the type of property that this lady is going to care about having weekly service from you. From the looks of it, seems like she is going to use you for a couple of months to get things all cleaned up and trimmed up nice, then she'll cancel service. Is this account worth it to you, do you think?

Tonyr
04-29-2006, 12:49 AM
welcome to the mowing industry in australia....that is so typical of what we get.....many much worse.....not a prob for the diesel deere though lol.

where the clippings go is another issue ha ha ha everywhere! lol

CutInEdge Lawn Care
04-29-2006, 01:27 AM
I had a cleint last yr that had there house up for sale. Well it didnt sell and the grass was never cut. I came out gave them an estimate for aprox $420 (this week only)(next week add another $50)the grass was thick and 3 ft tall in back. Well husband comes home and tells me to get the f^*( off the property thinking I was ripping his wife off. Long story short, he goes and buys the cheapest push mower and burns it up on first pass. So he calls me back apologizing for his horrible behavior and when can I schedule the job. Told him I appreciated the call but was not interested in tackling job. He said mr. schindler will you please take $600 and my lawn mower. The please one me over. So, the frnt I cut at 5" double cut and then lowered mower an inch at time while employee rakes it up. Now the back yrd we have to weed eat before we can even mow. Seventeen fifty-five gallon trash bags later and 4 hrs were done. Now if this was a solo job I would have lost my ass because it took two of us 4 hrs and solo aprox 8-10 for billing puposes. Did the house for 6 more months and now sold and new owner is letting it grow tall again. Kind of sickening. But the cycle continues. Helper is still using the push mower that I gave him from that job. freed the piston !!!! Go figure

sheshovel
04-29-2006, 01:30 AM

6'7" I agree with you.

Well her dad might..talk it over with him when he returns..ya never know!

DynaMow
04-29-2006, 09:41 AM
This doesn't seem like the type of property that this lady is going to care about having weekly service from you. From the looks of it, seems like she is going to use you for a couple of months to get things all cleaned up and trimmed up nice, then she'll cancel service. Is this account worth it to you, do you think?

Jodi, I am only mowing three times while Dad is out of town. Did you read the original post.

A fella from church calls and askes me if I could cut his Moms place and his daughters place for three weeks as he is going out of town and needs it done.

befnme
04-29-2006, 02:48 PM

6'7" I agree with you.

looks like they are using an extension cord for electricity .

mike lane lawn care
04-29-2006, 10:49 PM
what i would do, is make the place look really good durring the 3 weeks and she will see how good you are.

CutInEdge Lawn Care
04-30-2006, 11:45 AM
Make the place look good at who's expense???? Didnt you discuss all those upsells before hand. Didnt you charge accordinly for what needed to be done. These are the type of people that will let it grow all yr and not do one little thing to the yrd and expect it done for the price of one mowing. If the yrd has not been done in 3 months. I would charge a min of 3 months of service to get bk in shape. If not there thinking is cool lets let it grow 6 months next time and lowly lawnboy will do for same price. Why beat up your equipment for these type of people when there are more than enough out there that will pay to have things kept up nicely. I would hammer the hell out of this one or not even waste the time. If you have low self esteem and dont feel your worth the money for the hard work then by all means put your tail between your legs and do the job. BUT... It will be expected of you everytime he goes out of town. Besides it looks as if the going out of town was just the excuse cause the yrd doesnt look like its been touched in months. Can you say HAMMER TIME!!!!

DynaMow
04-30-2006, 02:21 PM
Make the place look good at who's expense???? Didnt you discuss all those upsells before hand. Didnt you charge accordinly for what needed to be done. These are the type of people that will let it grow all yr and not do one little thing to the yrd and expect it done for the price of one mowing. If the yrd has not been done in 3 months. I would charge a min of 3 months of service to get bk in shape. If not there thinking is cool lets let it grow 6 months next time and lowly lawnboy will do for same price. Why beat up your equipment for these type of people when there are more than enough out there that will pay to have things kept up nicely. I would hammer the hell out of this one or not even waste the time. If you have low self esteem and dont feel your worth the money for the hard work then by all means put your tail between your legs and do the job. BUT... It will be expected of you everytime he goes out of town. Besides it looks as if the going out of town was just the excuse cause the yrd doesnt look like its been touched in months. Can you say HAMMER TIME!!!!
not the way I work, he wanted grass cut thats what he got, no more no less. Now these pics you see are a week after first mowing. Thats the way I found it, in this case thats the way it stays. Shorter grass with a lite trimming. Thats it nothing special.

cantoo
04-30-2006, 11:30 PM
We do a few of these properties every year and actually like doing them. It's nice to see the diference in the before and after cut. They are usually real estate jobs or older people who get sick and before the family realizes it the lawn gets out of hand. We go in with the weed trimmer and cut a couple of feet around everything then go in with a mower on the lowest setting with the blades off and drive the complete property to make sure there is nothing hidden in the long grass. Then go in with blades on at the highest setting. Start at one side and let it dry in the sun before sucking it up with the Walker and hauling away. They usuallly need some hedge work and garbage hauling away so we do alright money wise.