PDA

View Full Version : Redmax Recall

greasy_gun
04-29-2006, 07:36 AM
http://www.redmax.com/recalls.aspx

There ya go

hillndale
04-29-2006, 07:45 AM
Thanks for the info. Great time of year to start this crap. Why didn't they tell us February? My dealer is so lame, they will act numb when I so see um about this. I wonder how long I'd be without my unit. Jeesh :hammerhead:

hillndale

newz7151
04-29-2006, 09:11 AM
Hmm.. same one Shindaiwa just released a few weeks ago.

Mowingman
04-29-2006, 09:15 AM
That is because Redmax makes some of the engines used on Shindaiwa blowers.

newz7151
04-29-2006, 11:29 AM
That is because Redmax makes some of the engines used on Shindaiwa blowers.

Well duhh? On the 630 series.

dcplace2004
04-29-2006, 11:47 AM
no matter how much mayo you add, it will still taste like chicken crapola. Such as Redmax and their junky designed equipment. The 8000 is just as much of an afterthought in design as the models that were recalled. For the prices people pay for Redmax's equipment, the stuff should be next to perfect. I think their engineers were captured right out of a large grease trap somewhere and put straight to work for ole Redmax.

lawnmaniac883
04-29-2006, 01:36 PM
Now they just need to solve the 8000's problems.

AL Inc
04-29-2006, 03:35 PM
I was thinking the same thing, lawnmaniac. I've pretty much had it with the Redmax blowers.

lawnmaniac883
04-29-2006, 03:50 PM
Tell me about it, the 8000 is my main blower and it really pisses me off when it acts up. You would think it is 15 friggin years old by the way it runs sometimes.

hillndale
04-29-2006, 04:14 PM
Wow, I can't believe what I'm hearing. Last season everybody was praising the Redmax. Oh boy! The new 8000, best friggin' blower you can get. Thread after thread of praise for Redmax. Based on all the great reviews, I got me the 7001 for top dollar.

So this year they're out huh. So now what's the best friggin' blower? Don't tell me it's the Stihl 600:nono:

Bash on people:headphones:

hillndale

dcplace2004
04-29-2006, 04:38 PM
People raved about the 8000...I called a tractor company that dealed the blower and they brought it out to me...for 45 minutes I did every test I could think of with it and my BR600...wet leaves, dry leaves, sticks, pine cones and needles, 2 x 4 boards, children's toys, etc...when I was done I was glad I did the research and bought the BR600 cause the power difference between the two was MINIMAL - in fact, the 600 did a better job of breaking up the wet piles of leaves....more than just personal preference, the BR600 beats the 8000 hands down with less vibration, less noise levels, less purchase price, no static shocks in dusty and low humidity (conductor wire cord inside tube), contoured frame with fuel line covered up, a dial choke (not some lever junk), more directed air flow, comfortable, less weight and bulk (exactly 24 lbs filled to the rim with fuel)...and yet, people bought that broke di*k dinosaur machine...oh well, such as life...All we heard is more moving parts, valves, blah blah freaking blah...I am not saying I don't get scammed on other things, but in this case, I did the right thing...learn how to do the valves yourself and keep sea foam in all your equipment and they will last forever...

ed2hess
04-29-2006, 05:33 PM
People raved about the 8000...I called a tractor company that dealed the blower and they brought it out to me...for 45 minutes I did every test I could think of with it and my BR600...wet leaves, dry leaves, sticks, pine cones and needles, 2 x 4 boards, children's toys, etc...when I was done I was glad I did the research and bought the BR600 cause the power difference between the two was MINIMAL - in fact, the 600 did a better job of breaking up the wet piles of leaves....more than just personal preference, the BR600 beats the 8000 hands down with less vibration, less noise levels, less purchase price, no static shocks in dusty and low humidity (conductor wire cord inside tube), contoured frame with fuel line covered up, a dial choke (not some lever junk), more directed air flow, comfortable, less weight and bulk (exactly 24 lbs filled to the rim with fuel)...and yet, people bought that broke di*k dinosaur machine...oh well, such as life...All we heard is more moving parts, valves, blah blah freaking blah...I am not saying I don't get scammed on other things, but in this case, I did the right thing...learn how to do the valves yourself and keep sea foam in all your equipment and they will last forever...
I puzzled why you think that the 600 is going to be more reliable than the Redmax.....it isn't field tested yet?

lawnmaniac883
04-29-2006, 05:53 PM
Sorry fellas but once warmed up the 8000 takes the 600 to school. I didnt buy the stihl for 2 reasons. A) The low speed sound while at WOT would drive me CRAZY! B) I like the strato charged engine and how well it does on fuel.

Sea foam is just another snake oil; makes ya think it does something.

lawnboy dan
04-29-2006, 10:16 PM
the sthil br600 has had its share of problems too

dcplace2004
04-30-2006, 04:03 PM
I would try to justify why I bought the product also...eat your crow...I am the opposite with the noise...I could not stand the noise of the 8000...don't be confused with the noise and power levels...one screams and the other doesn't and both put out about the same power...If you want more power to blow leaves, the 8000 is not the equipment of choice...get something like The Force to do that...I am talking about an all around better blower and that is the BR600...I do like the air conditioning on the 8000 though...if Stihl comes out with something better than the 600 I don't think redmax stands a chance in hades...

lawnspecialties
04-30-2006, 04:54 PM
We've been discussing the Redmax problems in the "Repair" forums for about a month now. RedMax took back my 6 month old 8000 two weeks ago to try and see what the heck is going on with some of these units. Mine had the famous "won't run worth a crap if it's over 80 degrees outside" problem. My new one so far will move mountains. I don't even consider taking my Little Wonder push blower with me anymore.

By the way, RedMax is supposed to let me know what was wrong. Keep monitoring the "Repair" forums.:)

LawnMower
04-30-2006, 08:48 PM
no matter how much mayo you add, it will still taste like chicken crapola. Such as Redmax and their junky designed equipment. The 8000 is just as much of an afterthought in design as the models that were recalled. For the prices people pay for Redmax's equipment, the stuff should be next to perfect. I think their engineers were captured right out of a large grease trap somewhere and put straight to work for ole Redmax.

I completely agree with you. I have an 8000 and its built cheaply, and wasn't engineered very well. There is a lot of afterthought engineering on it. The RedMax 8000 is a very powerful home owner quality blower. There not comercial quality. The only reason I bought it was it had more blowing power then the Stihl. I usually always run Stihl equipment. My next blower will be a Stihl with out question.

CrewCutEnterprises
04-30-2006, 09:22 PM
We've been discussing the Redmax problems in the "Repair" forums for about a month now. RedMax took back my 6 month old 8000 two weeks ago to try and see what the heck is going on with some of these units. Mine had the famous "won't run worth a crap if it's over 80 degrees outside" problem. My new one so far will move mountains. I don't even consider taking my Little Wonder push blower with me anymore.

By the way, RedMax is supposed to let me know what was wrong. Keep monitoring the "Repair" forums.:)

I have a used 7001 blower, lots of power great in the winter and well wondered why sometimes it just wont run, bogs down and dies in WEATHER OVER 80. holy crap. I thought it was just mine. IT has more power than my 751 echo but.. reliability i know the echo will start EVERY TIME!!!

lawnspecialties
04-30-2006, 09:28 PM
I have a used 7001 blower, lots of power great in the winter and well wondered why sometimes it just wont run, bogs down and dies in WEATHER OVER 80. holy crap. I thought it was just mine. IT has more power than my 751 echo but.. reliability i know the echo will start EVERY TIME!!!

Look up the thread in the "Repair" forums. There's about two or three.

I know what you mean about the Echo. It got to where I just grabbed my little RedMax 4401 instead of the big 8000 when it got hot outside. Over 80 degrees and it performed like a 1000.:dizzy:

pgoulding
05-01-2006, 08:45 PM
I just called my dealer to see about getting my 7001 fixed cuz of the recall, and they had no idea what I was talking about:dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: . Guess it takes awhile for redmax to inform there dealers.

MudslinginFX4
05-01-2006, 09:21 PM
The reason I won't buy another RedMax isn't because of the problems (which I've had many of) but it's more because of the Warrany Customer Service on RedMax's end. I have to wait too long for parts.

hillndale
05-01-2006, 09:24 PM
I just called my dealer to see about getting my 7001 fixed cuz of the recall, and they had no idea what I was talking about:dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: . Guess it takes awhile for redmax to inform there dealers.

I took mine in today. Dealer didn't know about it either. Redmax is supposed to notify dealers & customers I thought. The beauty of LawnSite, you get the news here first:clapping: I copied all the info off the Redmax website and took in and gave to the dealer so they would know what was going on.

Thanks to LawnSite, one often knows more than the dealers.:cool2:

hillndale:headphones:

CrewCutEnterprises
05-01-2006, 10:50 PM
I took mine in today. Dealer didn't know about it either. Redmax is supposed to notify dealers & customers I thought. The beauty of LawnSite, you get the news here first:clapping: I copied all the info off the Redmax website and took in and gave to the dealer so they would know what was going on.

Thanks to LawnSite, one often knows more than the dealers.:cool2:

hillndale:headphones:

Anybody gotten them fixed yet? I know I cant spare a blower for more than a Day. So guess it will get fixed when theirs snow on the ground