PDA

View Full Version : Irrigation - New Service

bobdaduke
04-29-2006, 09:51 AM
HI. I am looking to expand my services and want to do irrigation work. I only want to contract it out, I have a guy who has 7 years experience doing it. He says he would charge me $450 per zone. How do I find out if he is giving me a good deal and how much should I mark it up. Any help and opinions would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!

Dirty Water
04-29-2006, 11:56 AM
HI. I am looking to expand my services and want to do irrigation work. I only want to contract it out, I have a guy who has 7 years experience doing it. He says he would charge me $450 per zone. How do I find out if he is giving me a good deal and how much should I mark it up. Any help and opinions would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!

Anyone who charges by the zone throws a red flag up for me.

Desertdweller
04-29-2006, 12:48 PM
You could pick a yard and get some bids on it to see what the going rate is. If the guy is charging $450/zone and that seems to be about the going rate then you aren't going to have much to mark up. Are you going to keep the customer for service down the road or does the installer get him? Don't know what the prices are in NC but I'd think you can do better than $450.

start2finish
04-30-2006, 06:40 PM
we charge $700.00 a zone/ now I don't quote like that, but it is an average cost on a 10-12gpm system.

DanaMac
04-30-2006, 10:20 PM
Systems here range from $400 - $700 from the good companies. And the guys in their Hyundais with pipe on top will do it for $200-$300 a zone. Nad then I get paid to fix 'em.