PDA

View Full Version : Which one?

Rhinox29
04-29-2006, 12:29 PM
Ok guys, I'm purchasing my first ZT and after checking out about everyone possible this is what I have been able to come up with. Gravely 152zm 52 inch Kaw. 25 hp. for $6329 plus tax ( established dealer) , Country Clipper Charger 52 inch Kaw. 25 hp. for $6343 plus tax (new dealer) Badboy pup 52 inch 27 hp kohler for $6695 plus tax ( dealer 18 miles away). I'm trying to narrow these down. I have tested them all, but still undecided. Which deal would you go with. I wanted to go with scag but my dealer wants more $ than I want to go right now. I thank you for any help you could give me. If you have any experience with any of these please let me know what you think of them.

HighGrass
04-29-2006, 06:04 PM
Ok guys, I'm purchasing my first ZT and after checking out about everyone possible this is what I have been able to come up with. Gravely 152zm 52 inch Kaw. 25 hp. for $6329 plus tax ( established dealer) , Country Clipper Charger 52 inch Kaw. 25 hp. for $6343 plus tax (new dealer) Badboy pup 52 inch 27 hp kohler for $6695 plus tax ( dealer 18 miles away). I'm trying to narrow these down. I have tested them all, but still undecided. Which deal would you go with. I wanted to go with scag but my dealer wants more $ than I want to go right now. I thank you for any help you could give me. If you have any experience with any of these please let me know what you think of them.

I really can't stress this enough. Look not only at the mower, but the service and support. Is your dealer willing to turn around a broke machine in little time (Assuming you can't fix it)? Are they going to nickle and dime you every time you order a part by charging shipping? Loaners? Are they close, or far away? How do others like their service? Have you met any of the tech's?

There are a lot of great mowers out there. Finding a good mower is easy. Finding a good dealer is a lot harder.

My first Z was an Exmark. I love it. The ride, the cut, I love it all. But the service and support (from the dealer) was so bad, I picked a new Scag last August. To give you an idea how good my scag dealer is, I brought him my Exmark last week because I wanted something changed. He had it done and back on my trailer in 24hrs. An Exmark at a Scag dealer...go figure. That doesn't mean all Scag dealers are good and it surely doesn't mean all Exmark dealers are bad. It just means you gotta look at the whole cookie when you finally pull out that wad and buy that bad boy.

Good Luck!

Travis Followell
04-30-2006, 02:55 PM
Of the 3 machines you listed I like the Bad Boy the best. I don't know about your dealer but the support from the factory is great and they are very nice machines. You get a lot of mower for your money with Bad Boy but like said above the dealer is also very important. Buy from the dealer that you feel most comfortable with.