PDA

View Full Version : The Worse Case Of Advertising I Have Ever Seen!

dcplace2004
04-29-2006, 11:32 AM
I know that I am guilty of inexpensive advertising but this one took the cake. I was driving to one of my accounts and saw this guy mowing and saw that his truck was boarded up. I saw something small and white in the middle of the board and as I got close noticed it was an 8 1/2 X 11 sheet of copier paper with his business name and some other things printed on it. The lettering was so small I had to drive right next to the truck to see at least his name at the top. I could not even see the rest of it being as close as I was. It was not even protected with lamination or a sheet protector and was almost ready to fall off. I give him credit because he did have at least that one account though. However, I have never, ever, seen advertising so ridiculous. Please tell me that nobody here has done this - well, except for him if he is posts here.

richallseasons
04-29-2006, 12:01 PM
thats funny man, there is a guy in my area that gives me a good chuckle every time i pass his place.He took a piece of plywood that is not even cut straight and nailed it to a stick that he drove into his front yard,then looks like he used some white paint and a brush to paint his name and number , but used way too much paint and the letters all ran downward(looks like hell)but a least i don't think that anyone around here has to worry about the competition.:)

jolienicholson
04-29-2006, 02:19 PM
there is a guy who puts flyers out in my area with a picture of his baby on it, and it reads help feed my daughter, and then the guys info

dcplace2004
04-29-2006, 05:30 PM
exploiting his child for money...unreal...I am still struggling in my business but would NEVER use my children to get business...people see right through that $hit...I did, however, when I young and in college, wrap my arm and put it in a sling when I delivered for Pizza $mut and actually got more tips because of it...I would say "here let me get your change", fumbling around trying to do it with one hand...people would say "hey, don't worry about it." Unreal...

LawnBrother
04-29-2006, 06:32 PM
exploiting his child for money...unreal...I am still struggling in my business but would NEVER use my children to get business...people see right through that $hit...I did, however, when I young and in college, wrap my arm and put it in a sling when I delivered for Pizza $mut and actually got more tips because of it...I would say "here let me get your change", fumbling around trying to do it with one hand...people would say "hey, don't worry about it." Unreal...
:laugh: You sneaky bastard! That is hillarious! I wish I would have thought of that when I was a valet. People are cheapskates....

alyssa
04-29-2006, 11:07 PM
Unreal and how very tacky for a business owner to use their children. Why not just have them wear a t-shirt or hand out a business card? But to actually say "help feed my kids" not the best advertising tactic I have seen and I love marketing.

treemeat
04-30-2006, 12:13 AM
I hate it when guys put flyers in a sandwich baggies with a couple rocks and drive around throwing them in yards . . .

jolienicholson
04-30-2006, 08:26 AM
actually his was even dumber, his wasnt in any kind of bag, it was holding on to the mailbox post by a rubber band. And the night before it rained so they where all soaked. Some of them are still on the posts.

Adam3669
04-30-2006, 03:14 PM
my brother does that crap, puts it in a baggy with rocks and throws it all over the nieghboor hood. funny thing is, when i went and PASSED OUT flyers, all his were in-between houses on the curb :) terrible arm.