PDA

View Full Version : Another Logo Judging Thread

XMT&RCV
04-29-2006, 02:27 PM
Here are the two final choices for my logo and Bcard..

I take criticism well!:cool2:

zim bob the landscaper
04-29-2006, 02:59 PM
i like the first one the best since not everybody has internet but 98% do have internet but some just dont like goin on.

Insometry
04-29-2006, 02:59 PM
No offense...but my first thought it saving money.

Which means lower quality.

All_Clear
04-29-2006, 03:38 PM
Nice idea... But your Green Isn't very appealing.

All Clear

XMT&RCV
04-29-2006, 03:50 PM
No offense...but my first thought it saving money.

Which means lower quality.

1.) I thought saving money money was a good thing? :laugh: See we are a military community and as any veteran knows we don't make alot...

And 2.) Well, luckily for my customers its not the case... and they would consider that a insult to the company that provides them with superior service.. because I have a low overhead, I can save my customers 15-20% over the next company, and to them that adds up... and to me that adds to my profit margin.. with this just being a side job.. I went out and bought myself a 5x8 trailer with a trimmer & rack and my Hustler FastTrak 44''...

99.9% of my customers came to because of my company name and the other .1% are my neighbors and people who know me..:usflag:

Prestige-Lawncare
04-29-2006, 05:10 PM
I would say I like the first one too. You have all of the important info on there as far as numbers and email address. Though they may never need to get in touch with you, at least they know that they know how to get in touch. That in itself is important. All of my particulars is on the back of my card (it's like a 2-sided card (only and extra $5.00 to the printer to print on the back).

I agree with what someone else on here said ... and that is the color of the green. Maybe something a little brighter for the grass ... the green words ... and changing the color of the dollar sign to the same green, instead of yellow. Yellow should be used very carefully on a landscaping or lawn service card.

Just my .02¢ worth ... but if you get .01¢ worth of help from it ... it was helpful in your situation :drinkup:

sheshovel
04-29-2006, 06:05 PM
I would 86 the address completely and leave the phone #'s and only your website address.If they want to e-mail you they can go to your website and get your e-mail address I assume.The logo looked fine to me.The 1st one...just without all that info on it.Phone and website and your name is all they need.

jim dailey
04-29-2006, 09:18 PM
The first one: Green Savers is listed 3 times. I also do not like to list my home address. The second card has no contact information. Look into getting the grass GREEN, as others have mentioned.

qualitylawnmanagement
04-29-2006, 09:27 PM
Nice idea... But your Green Isn't very appealing.

All Clear

That's what I thought too. Almost looks like you put some round-up on their yard. Make the green a little greener and it should do.

ed2hess
04-29-2006, 10:51 PM
A couple things.....don't like having two phone numbers and drop the area codes they make things difficult to remember. The email address is complex do you need "The" and what is this LLC? I guess that is local lawn company but not necessary.

BigChaz
04-29-2006, 11:03 PM
get rid of the website and put the main number you want to be called in the big yellow letters on the bottom strip of grass

Dunn's
04-29-2006, 11:13 PM
A couple things.....don't like having two phone numbers and drop the area codes they make things difficult to remember. The email address is complex do you need "The" and what is this LLC? I guess that is local lawn company but not necessary.
The LLC stands for limited liability company its a type of incorporation

alyssa
04-30-2006, 12:56 AM
I like the design but I agree about nixing the address and just keep the number and email address. good luck!

XMT&RCV
04-30-2006, 10:25 AM
I appreciate everyones input... it really helps getting a grasp on what's too much and what's not enough...

FYI: I got the idea for "The Green Savers" from the show on Tech TV called " The Screensavers" basically they are there to save you by getting rid of the "Blue Screen of Death" and giving tips on running a stable machine. Anyone who had/has a computer that runs Windows ME knows what I am talking about...
So with that said I thought of "We Save the Green in your lawn".

Just thought I'd give everyone some history...:headphones:

By the way the Second pic is for my uniform I am ordering, kinda like the UPS uniforms but tan in color and with the pants instead of shorts...

Tucker~

Runner
05-01-2006, 10:36 AM
First, get rid rid of the "dollar sign". It's cheesy. It reminds me of a sign out on the hood of "Dealin' Dan's Used Cars". Second, the green IS nauseating. You may live in a military community, but that doesn't mean yo have to use the drab olive green that they use for their vehicles. I'm sure they see enough of that, and besides, it is refreshing for them to see something differents BESIDES that. However, (and please don't take this the wrong way), but I would 86 the whole thing and start over again. Look around...There are some nice and very well thought out logos on here - as well as "sayings". the "we save the green in your lawn" just doesn't get it. It doesn't convey a message, it doesn't relate (who are you addressing it to?.....YOU save the green, so you make the money? What about people who want to put green INTO their lawn? Will you just preserve the same dull light green that they already have?
See,....these are the kind of "micro-thoughts" that people get when they read certain messages. Look around, and take your time when choosing a logo and saying. You're going to have it a LONG time.

XMT&RCV
05-01-2006, 11:35 AM
Thanks for the input, is like this: I have yet to hear anything negative about the design... eveyone I hand it out to says good things about it... This is weird to be hearing this... anyway... as a Quote from the Boss: "Teamwork is a lot of people doing what I say." (Marketing executive, Citrix Corporation)...

PEACE!