Comparison…

Phazer / Lazer CT
-----------------------------------------
Weight: 610 / 874 (264)
Deck: 34 & 44 / 48, 52, & 60
Blades: ?, / 3
Deck: 5” deep, 4 point-full-floating, 3 anti-scalp, 7/10 gauge side/top / SAME
Cutting Ht: 1” – 5” / 1.5” – 4.5”
Engine: 19hp Kawasaki (twin) / 18, 21 or 23hp Vanguard (twin)
Speed: 0-8mph / 0-7.2mph
Fuel Cap: 7.7 gal ./ 6 gal.
Drive System (Phazer): Dual Hydro-Gear ZT2800 Hydrostatic Transaxles w/charge pumps and independent replacable filters. (IZT?)
Drive System (Lazer CT) Two Hydro-Gear 10cc/rev variable-displacement pumps powering two high-torque Hydro-Gear (Danfoss) wheel motors with 1.25" (3.18 cm) diameter tapered shafts.
Price: ~5k / ~5k+
(There are other differences but I’ve included what I consider to be fundamental differences. BTW, Exmark makes this comparison more difficult than it needs to be since the Phazer isn’t included on the rider comparison page. Also, I’m not sure about the CT price range but I do know a local dealer has a new 48” model for 5k).

I’m considering one of these ZTs but I’m a bit confused by the spec/price ratio. Seems like either the Phazer is over-priced or the CT is under-priced. Not sure what to make of this comparison. Thanks.

mcwlandscaping
04-29-2006, 07:52 PM
the Phazer is a commercialy designed mower, the Lazer Z CT isn't

newz7151
04-29-2006, 09:21 PM
the Phazer is a commercialy designed mower, the Lazer Z CT isn't

Now, why would you say that, when the CT is covered by the same 2 year warranty? Exmark, (for the time being) does not produce a residential use mower (one intended only for residential use, with no commercial warranty coverage and in the $2500 - $4000 price range).

mcwlandscaping
04-29-2006, 09:27 PM
There was another post about this, while it is true they share the same warranty, the CT was designed for the large residential consumer. let me see if i can find the post

mcwlandscaping
04-29-2006, 09:32 PM
can't find the post in the eXmark section but i remember the eXmark guy saying this, you may want to post again in the eXmark section to get an answer from mr. eXmark himself. sorry i couldn't find the other post

mulcahy mowing
04-30-2006, 10:53 AM
i'm with Mike on this here it's not commercial duty

jpb
05-02-2006, 07:08 PM
i'm with Mike on this here it's not commercial duty
Which isn't the commercial mower--the Phazer or the CT?

Quality Cuts PLS
05-05-2006, 09:27 PM
Actually, the Lazer CT is commercial grade. It was intended to be an entry level commercial / high end estate unit. Also for guys to get out of a larger hydro walk-behind and into a less expensive rider. To reach the price point it features smaller hydro pumps and wheel motors, it also utilizes caster bushings like the TTHP instead of caster bearings. Old style chassis, no armrests, smaller clutch, less expensive engines, no canister filters, smaller fuel tanks. The decks however are the same Tri-Vantage decks as all the others. The Phazer is classed as the same, to replace smaller walk-behinds for gated properties, just on a super compact chassis, for the 34" deck and made available with the already existing 44" deck. Also it utilizes the Hydro Gear intergrated ZT-2800 Hydros, a less expensive molded seat, and no canister filter.