PDA

View Full Version : My new Skid Steer

AWJ Services
04-29-2006, 09:06 PM
I would like too start this post with saying that Metrac turned a negative situation(the John Deere demo) into a positive one.As a company they recognized a problem and handled it.I however did not purchase the JD but it was strictly the machine and not the Dealers fault.

I also decided too forgo any additional demos for different reasons but I ended up with TL 140 cab and air.

I really felt at ease with the Pilot controls.

I just finished prepping and laying a 30k sq foot sod job and it coupled with my Tractor made the job effortless.It handled pallets of sod easily.
The machine, a Bradco 36 inch trencher and pallet forks set me back 53k.

Of course we all favor what we own but this machine too me is un rivaled price wise.
I was looking forward too the Case demo but they wanted a credit app first so it was pretty much the nail in the coffin .

I lost my cord to my camera so as soon as I get my new one in I will post some pics.

Thanks again Lawnsite and it's wonderful members for all the input about Skidsteers.:drinkup:

Lazer_Z
04-29-2006, 09:12 PM
AWJ, Congrats on your purchase and please do post some pictures when you can. If I may why did Case want a credit app from you?

Rob

AWJ Services
04-29-2006, 09:36 PM
After reading KSSS 's experiences I was really pumped about the Case.
I called our local dealer and spent some time on the phone with him and we discussed a demo.He replied with a no problem ,but we just need too get a credit app first.I replied well I have already filled out 2 so far and have been approved so credit is not a problem.I also assured him if I did not purchase the machine I will happily reimburse him for machine time.
He stood fast on the credit app so I said heck with it and called Jimmy Martin my Takeuchi guy and said lets get it done.

Also Lazer Z thanks for the congrats.

Lazer_Z
04-29-2006, 09:56 PM
AWJ, That's just puzzling that the case dealer wanted yet another credit app from you after you had filled out two. I'm sure your TL 140 will pay for itself in no time at all and your welcome.

Rob

mrusk
04-29-2006, 10:20 PM
As far as i know, it is standard for dealers to run a credit app before a demo.

AWJ Services
04-29-2006, 10:26 PM
As far as i know, it is standard for dealers to run a credit app before a demo.

Metracs(John deere) did not ask for one and neither did Takeuchi.

ksss
04-30-2006, 12:47 AM
Its too bad it worked out that way. I have never filled out a credit app before demoing anything. Especially after offering to reimburse for equipment time if it didn't work out. Not a great way to sell machines. If you would PM me with the name of the dealer and the salesmans name (if your OK with that). I would like to forward that on to some people that can look into it. Nothing wrong with a TK. Good luck.

start2finish
04-30-2006, 12:50 AM
credit app before demo, the guy must not have taken you seriously, we have never ran into that before.

Scag48
04-30-2006, 01:15 AM
Credit app for demo? What? I had a 312 for a week for FREE without any paperwork.

jd270
04-30-2006, 09:47 AM
when i got my 270 i was at deere picking up a tractor and told them i was intrested in a 270 it was setting in front of my shop when i got home heck i didnt even write them a check for a month

qps
04-30-2006, 12:11 PM
Metracs(John deere) did not ask for one and neither did Takeuchi.

If they don't know you I've heard of some asking for one, never had to fill one out first either, as a matter of fact I have a cat 304 that has been sitting at my shop for 3 weeks...(no charge) but I do have a new c304cr on order...that helps:)

mrusk
04-30-2006, 03:33 PM
Maybe they just asked me for a credit app cause i am 19 years old. I dunno. But hey i got approved with no co singer and no money down! Good credit is great to have!

gammon landscaping
05-01-2006, 12:36 AM
credit app my cat guy just tells on small stuff that i have 90 days same as cash and he just takes the money as rent and when i bring it all in he just changes it to a sell. doesn't even have me sign i just call and he makes it happen that is why we deal with them, they work for us.