PDA

View Full Version : couple questions about exmark metro 36

scott in the soo
04-29-2006, 10:35 PM
just bouht a new exmark metro gear, fixed deck. i'm pumped. it is my first walk behind.

questions.

i know there is no striping kit for this mower but,,,, will it give a natural stripe or will it just leave two wheel marks,

i'm thinking about a bagger, but how does it work for side discharging.

i realize it is not a floating deck,,, will it scalp even the slightest of uneven grass..

how does it cut slope slopes cutting them sideways.

what is the factory setting for cutting height..

mcwlandscaping
04-29-2006, 11:04 PM
side discharging on my 48" unit isn't all that great, something eXmark will hopefully improve, mine stripes awsome on its own, no mods needed, it can scalp, but after awhile you will be quick in realizing what will and will not scalp (you will probably scalp some spots in the learning process), always cut slopes from the bottom up, and the factory setting on deck height i dont know, i just adjust height using the front caster spacers

does your unit have ECS or pistol controls?

zmowing
04-29-2006, 11:42 PM
buy the all aluminium bagger after market works great

mcwlandscaping
04-29-2006, 11:49 PM
buy the all aluminium bagger after market works great
yes good point, the steel ones are really heavy

METRO 36
04-29-2006, 11:55 PM
I think my metro was set at 3 and a half inches when i got it. i mow across slight slopes but if i run across something half way steep i go from bottom top, if you go from the top to bottom you will have a runaway walk behind on your hands and its not fun. it really is actually hard to scalp with the 36 imo, and if only scalped abought 4 spots since ive been using it.