PDA

View Full Version : I want stripe kits.

Pietro
04-29-2006, 11:07 PM
I have a Metro 36 and a Scag 48 Hydro.....where do I get a stripe kit for em? Can I make them? Thanks in advance. -Pete

Pietro
05-01-2006, 09:12 AM
up to the top

ATVracer
05-01-2006, 10:49 AM
somebody just posted this the other day. I think it was big league lawns that sell all kinds of kits. In my opion they are very pricey. around 200-250 dollars each for the mowers you listed.

cwmiller928
05-01-2006, 10:52 AM
I dont feel like dropping the $300 for the striper for my stander. Im in the process of making my own and every thing is going great. I've got about 10 dollars invested so far and im almost done. I'll post pix when im done.

topsites
05-01-2006, 12:02 PM
I dont feel like dropping the $300 for the striper for my stander. Im in the process of making my own and every thing is going great. I've got about 10 dollars invested so far and im almost done. I'll post pix when im done.

Please do, the one I built cost me closer to 80 dollars in parts but was still worth saving a couple hundred to say the least.

In the end I still don't see how some guys get those almost white-and-black stripes going... My stuff stripes but it's usually quite a bit milder and I see a little difference between the pro kit and the homemade but even if I stripe without kit it still turns out almost as good.

So no kit is pretty good and my homemade kit is a leeeettle bit better and the pro kit is just a teensie wheeensie bit better than that but all three methods are close yet considerably milder looking than those almost white-and-black stripes I've seen ppls post... What is up?
And yes I've gone over turf 3-4 times and done that like two cuts in a row and by the time I'm done with that I am so frustrated I don't stripe again for months lol ! Just for once I'd like to know, but if someone is editing photos to bring out the stripes then that's just sad, at least in this case.

gqnine44
05-01-2006, 01:37 PM
Please do, the one I built cost me closer to 80 dollars in parts but was still worth saving a couple hundred to say the least.

In the end I still don't see how some guys get those almost white-and-black stripes going... My stuff stripes but it's usually quite a bit milder and I see a little difference between the pro kit and the homemade but even if I stripe without kit it still turns out almost as good.

So no kit is pretty good and my homemade kit is a leeeettle bit better and the pro kit is just a teensie wheeensie bit better than that but all three methods are close yet considerably milder looking than those almost white-and-black stripes I've seen ppls post... What is up?
And yes I've gone over turf 3-4 times and done that like two cuts in a row and by the time I'm done with that I am so frustrated I don't stripe again for months lol ! Just for once I'd like to know, but if someone is editing photos to bring out the stripes then that's just sad, at least in this case.

It may be the grass you are working with. Some stripes better than others.