PDA

View Full Version : Blades

NCSERVICE
04-30-2006, 02:03 AM
If the first blade cutting the second is carrying the load of the first and the third is carrying the load of the other two why arent there 3 different blades? more designed for their application. just a late night thought

Envy Lawn Service
04-30-2006, 02:49 AM
A lot of guys here do indeed mix their blades underneath the deck.

NCSERVICE
04-30-2006, 01:15 PM
mix them how? i dont mean double blades.

lawnspecialties
04-30-2006, 01:34 PM
I've often wondered why someone hasn't come up with a setup where the left side blade is the largest, the center blade slightly smaller, the discharge side blade even smaller so it has more of a "pulling" gear to it to discharge all those clippings easier.

Did that make any sense?:confused:

NCSERVICE
04-30-2006, 06:40 PM
i think mowing decks have alot of innovation left in them of course i have nothing else to think about all day :)

lawnmaniac883
04-30-2006, 07:15 PM
Maybe a high lift on the left side coupled with another high lift in middle with a gator on the right?

cantoo
04-30-2006, 11:44 PM
I've been trying to find time to hook a chipper up to my Walker discharge blower. This would cut the clippings ultra fine and spread them across the cutting width. This to me makes more sense than trying to cut them multiple times under the deck.

Envy Lawn Service
04-30-2006, 11:56 PM

No, I'm saying they DO use a different style of blade on one or more spindles.

topsites
04-30-2006, 11:58 PM

Ok see so they put the second blade where the third should have been and the third where the first goes and the first where the second was, ok so then this confuses the grass as it flows from blade to blade it can't think about which blade was carrying it anymore so it shoots out the chute faster LOL !

p.s.: also a late night thought :)

NCSERVICE
05-01-2006, 12:01 AM
No, I'm saying they DO use a different style of blade on one or more spindles.

can anybody eloborate? any benis?

Envy Lawn Service
05-01-2006, 12:15 AM
can anybody eloborate? any benis?

Yes, I have done it.

As for the benefits... well it depends on what you are trying to accomplish.

So you tell me what you are running and what you are trying to improve and I can give you some suggestions.

NCSERVICE
05-01-2006, 09:56 PM
i guess i was thinking more along the lines of innovation, example a larger blade on the discharge with a side to carry load, or a sail that creates more vaccum to help with the load... to answer your question envy i have a new hustler 52" 23 hp, toro t-bars 44" 17kawi, wb 13hp kohler 36wb, when cutting bahia grass or annual rye i have to cut it twice or ultra slow to not get any sprigs... when cutting thick tall fescue the deck loads up and shoots out clumps, same problems we all have i imagine, there has to be a way to cut grass more efficiently and thorough way to cut grass.