PDA

View Full Version : Kawasaki Trimmer starting proceedure?

Shady Brook
04-30-2006, 12:27 PM
I just picked up a new 27cc Trimmer by Kawasaki. I am very pleased with it's performance and have no doubt it will be the trimmer I buy in the future as well. I am having trouble starting the beast though. I am locking the trigger mechanism and leaving the throttle off. I give the bulb several squeezes, and I push in the red button back by the carb, and then I try to start. I have not been very successful with this, and have tried several other starting proceedures without success. It seems that it does not want to start and when I fiddle with it, it wants to flood out. This is a brand new unit, any suggestions for me?

Thanks

NCSERVICE
04-30-2006, 01:34 PM
I just picked up a new 27cc Trimmer by Kawasaki. I am very pleased with it's performance and have no doubt it will be the trimmer I buy in the future as well. I am having trouble starting the beast though. I am locking the trigger mechanism and leaving the throttle off. I give the bulb several squeezes, and I push in the red button back by the carb, and then I try to start. I have not been very successful with this, and have tried several other starting proceedures without success. It seems that it does not want to start and when I fiddle with it, it wants to flood out. This is a brand new unit, any suggestions for me?

Thanks

i bought one too, they are weird starting machines, i push the red button everytime i start it no primer, seems to work good. the red button locks the throttle also so dont give it any gas when starting red button and one pull.

lawnspecialties
04-30-2006, 01:36 PM
Hey NCSERVICE, where did you get your Kawasaki trimmer? I want to check them out since I'm hearing so many good things lately.:)

DynaMow
04-30-2006, 02:23 PM
I got a 34 and it is great. Always first pull.
2 primer pumps, pull string, go trim.

JTF40
04-30-2006, 03:49 PM
Lawnspecialties,
Ebay is the answer. Last week, I bought a KGT27A from D & D Machines for $215.00 ( + $15 shipping, no tax). The best price here locally was $275.00 + tax. It is 10.2 lbs., 1.6 h.p., & 26 cc. Hard to beat the power-to-weight ratio.:usflag:

newz7151
04-30-2006, 04:18 PM
Lawnspecialties,
Ebay is the answer. Last week, I bought a KGT27A from D & D Machines for $215.00 ( + $15 shipping, no tax). The best price here locally was $275.00 + tax. It is 10.2 lbs., 1.6 h.p., & 26 cc. Hard to beat the power-to-weight ratio.:usflag:

You know.. everybody says how they are paying no tax on things. What's going to happen to you guys when you get audited and they find all these purchases that you didn't pay "use" tax on? Of course, they probably only audit real businesses.

befnme
04-30-2006, 05:24 PM
i have a kbl27a and i use full choke first thing in the morning with no primer bulb action and it starts on about the 3rd pull . i tried to run 93 octane in it last week and man it was murder tryin to get that thing to start . stick with 89 in the kawi .

lawnspecialties
04-30-2006, 05:47 PM
Lawnspecialties,

I never thought of that. The Kawasaki web site says my closest dealer is one I can't stand. I'd drive way out of my way to purchase somewhere else and most of the LCO's I've talked with in the Raleigh area feel the same way.:nono:

NCSERVICE
04-30-2006, 06:37 PM
Hey NCSERVICE, where did you get your Kawasaki trimmer? I want to check them out since I'm hearing so many good things lately.:)

their awesome trimmers, i have or have had redmax, stihl, echo, husquvarna, and kawasaki and kawis are the cheapest most reliable trimmers i use, it has the grandma starter standard, i slid the guard up for extra string .105 and it does great. lesco sells them, smaller dealers like bluestar in apex, hbar in Raleigh, i think clays power can get them too!

lawnspecialties
04-30-2006, 07:28 PM
their awesome trimmers, i have or have had redmax, stihl, echo, husquvarna, and kawasaki and kawis are the cheapest most reliable trimmers i use, it has the grandma starter standard, i slid the guard up for extra string .105 and it does great. lesco sells them, smaller dealers like bluestar in apex, hbar in Raleigh, i think clays power can get them too!
Thanks man. I'll be shopping this week!:)

JTF40
04-30-2006, 10:13 PM
You know.. everybody says how they are paying no tax on things. What's going to happen to you guys when you get audited and they find all these purchases that you didn't pay "use" tax on? Of course, they probably only audit real businesses.

Here in Tennessee, our local sales tax is high (9.5%).:cry: However, we have NO state income tax :clapping::weightlifter: Our state government is about to put a stop to "free tax on Ebay" people like me. Until then, I should be okay (audit).

Shady Brook
05-02-2006, 07:47 AM
It started better yesterday, but I still have not figured out the best way to start it after it has been running a while before. It will take several pulls to get it started, and then you can't give it throttle for quite some time or it will die. I think it will defineatly take some getting used too, not to mention watching my workers pull it a hundred times. Oh well, it is a super tool just the same. Thanks for your input men!

NCSERVICE
05-02-2006, 09:44 PM
It started better yesterday, but I still have not figured out the best way to start it after it has been running a while before. It will take several pulls to get it started, and then you can't give it throttle for quite some time or it will die. I think it will defineatly take some getting used too, not to mention watching my workers pull it a hundred times. Oh well, it is a super tool just the same. Thanks for your input men!

now that you mention it mine ran like crap too, hard to start i took it to the dealer and they replaced the carb, now it runs great, when its warmed up it starts at idle. it was covered by the warranty.

Mickhippy
05-03-2006, 03:57 AM
Heat (hot) can play a part in restarting. Try not to turn it off till your done. Good way to stop customers talking to you anyway! lol

Try and keep it cool between jobs under shade of some sort!

You should be able to ... turn it on, press the choke button, give a few primes, and pull the chord. Dont try and rip the starter out, bring the cord up to compression and pull. It should start easy and dont touch the throttle till its running!

If somehow you flood it, hold the throttle on full and pull till it starts, no choke!

If your having problems with a new one, take it back under warrenty. Probably just need adjustment somewhere. Think it only has the one rev adjustment anyway from poor memory!