PDA

View Full Version : Need a good small vac

Dashunde
04-30-2006, 02:34 PM
In another thread I asked about the Stihl SH85... It seems no one likes it, not even a little.

So... who does make a good shoulder/handheld vac to be used mostly for leaves, some hedge clippings, and that can injest the occasional clump of mulch? I'm looking for something around $250 +/-.
Handheld would be nice, like a properly converted blower, but something wheeled with a 3" hose might be ok too, if its cheap enough.

Any $250 suggestions are welcome.

mcwlandscaping
04-30-2006, 02:46 PM
Ive got an echo es2100 shred n' vac, i don't use it as a vac at all, only a blower but it was $200....just to give you an option

sbvfd592
04-30-2006, 05:19 PM
Its consitered kinda a homeowners toy...... a vac and shred
why do you need one a small blower and a garbage can and bag work if you need to bag i know if will not chop it up in to tiny peaces but it is cheeper. just a option

Tharrell
04-30-2006, 07:13 PM
I had the echo 230. It was stolen before I got it broken in. It was ok but, I bought a Snapper push vac this year. It was a little more money but, it does so much more. I'm going to fabricate a piece to turn it into a blower when I need one. It's basically a blower anyway. I use it for convenience stores I service. Trash and cigarette butts everywhere!
Oh yeah, there's a hose kit available for hard to reach places.
Anyway, I have the bag for the echo that was stolen if anyone needs one.

chuck bow
04-30-2006, 07:53 PM
I Have the echo 230 shred and vac to suck up cig butts and trash from curbs and it does a decent job as long as its not to wet , if the leaves ect are wet forget it

r.eckley
04-30-2006, 08:38 PM
I have aSTHIL SH85 Idont use it everyday but i am well satsified with the way it works. I have been going to redmax hand equip. because of sthil being hard to start & cold blooded, but iwill keep the sh 85. it seemes to start better than the fs80&85 that i had.

ACEMowing
04-30-2006, 09:33 PM
We have one new Robin 4 Stroke blower with the vac attachment (FL-H2500) and it does a great job for a handheld. I think it's an It's used sparingly... only in small beds and places that we can't get close to with the debris loader and if it's a small area that is not worth bringing our Snapper wheel vac. We don't always haul the wheel vac so the small one comes in handy especially behind bushes and tight spots.
I'm pretty sure that Robin builds this unit for John Deere as well.