PDA

View Full Version : Guerrilla Street-Legal Advertising Tactic

SOMM
04-30-2006, 05:05 PM
Ok, who else has done this too - close to a prominant intersection during your weekly onsite full-maintenance account?

(1.5 million dollar new homes in a neighborhood close to boutique shops, restaurants, BMW dealership, antique dealers and auctioneers ... has lots of joggers and pedestrians, and beaucoups of TRAFFIC ! )

Traffic is slowed down by our cones on both sides of street. Client premises features our yard-signs, while our rig with signage is parked across street.

Tactic has already gotten us 2 new clients in same neighborhood this year!

Coreyb
05-01-2006, 12:02 PM
i like that....

AintNoFun
05-01-2006, 01:19 PM
doesn't look like a good idea. what happens if someone rear ends someone in your "speed trap"

The landscaper
05-01-2006, 02:27 PM
Are you working there or just using it for advertisement?

sheshovel
05-01-2006, 02:46 PM
Well if I was your customer I woulden't allow you to put those signs in my yard!
Makes the yard look tacky..but hey if you can get away with it all the more power to ya!

SOMM
05-01-2006, 03:17 PM
lands - every week, k?

She - absolutely, of course - the neighborhood only allows "for sale" signage to be left up 24/7 !! We take signage and cones down when not on premises!!

Lawn Masters
05-01-2006, 03:41 PM
I'd say it works, they HAVE to slow down and when you're slowed down, what else is there to do but look at the signs? I like it. also promotes safer work area for you and your employees.

SOMM
05-01-2006, 03:53 PM
yeh masters, thanks, we wear orange vests and give all the traffic and pedestrians the right of way they deserve, too.

if ever anything goes wrong and law enforcement gets called to the scene, the first thing law enforcement asks them is " you saw all the cones their vests, and where they were working, WHY didn't you slow down or walk on the opposite side of the street where they were working ?!?". that happened after a jogger thought he could cash in on us a few years back, and subsequently cancelled claim.

sheshovel
05-01-2006, 05:41 PM
Oh ssorry SOMM

AintNoFun
05-01-2006, 07:32 PM
i dont want to split hairs with ya. but for it to be considered a workzone your missing a lot of requirements. most states use the MUTCD guidlines. we do a decent amount of work on major roads where we have to have men working signs at 1 mile - 1/2 mile - 1500 ft - road work ahead. depending on the speed its determines how the cones are spaced out.. if u want to really laugh pick up a copy of the book, the rules in there are crazy...

topsites
05-02-2006, 12:09 AM
No offense but for me it's just a little too smart, and I would hate to think this might attract really smart customers in return.
Because if it comes down to a battle of wits, I want no part of that in my business.

drmiller100
05-15-2006, 11:20 PM
how about a big ztr with your phone number on the back of it, and signs on your truck?

work weekends?

DLS1
05-16-2006, 01:49 AM
$1.5 million homes. :laugh: :laugh:

Where is that at. Looks more like $300,000 tops in Kansas city area.