PDA

View Full Version : Bad Day

Freddy_Kruger
04-30-2006, 06:56 PM
On the same house I pulled the starting cord to start teh Echo Backpack blower. The cord popped out of my hand and snaped back breaking the choke valve.

Then buddy raked up a small pile of leaves and the other guy ran over it with my brand new super recycler, there was a metal thing in the pile and now I have a huge gash on one side of the mower deck. IT broke the deck from just behind the front wheel into the side chute discharge and about 4 inches on the other side of that.

I only got one blower and one lawn mower to, do you tihnk it would be prudent to buy a home cheapo recycler as a spare or, when this one is repaired (I assume the warranty will cover it, reguardless it has to get fixed) should I try and upgrade to a proline or another super recycler 20057 model? we were using it to scoop up grass and stuff for spring clean up.

newz7151
04-30-2006, 07:06 PM
I only got one blower and one lawn mower to, do you tihnk it would be prudent to buy a home cheapo recycler as a spare or, when this one is repaired (I assume the warranty will cover it, reguardless it has to get fixed) should I try and upgrade to a proline or another super recycler 20057 model? we were using it to scoop up grass and stuff for spring clean up.

You might as well assume that gas will go down to 50 cents a gallon while you're at it. Warranty only covers manufacturer defects.. not operator stupidity.

cbelawn
04-30-2006, 07:09 PM
i steped off mower and sprained my ankle. I would trade you today.

mcwlandscaping
04-30-2006, 07:23 PM
if you are going to home depot, get a homeowner honda, not a homeowner toro

chriscraft
04-30-2006, 07:24 PM
I have 4 recyclers in building collecting dust want em?

Freddy_Kruger
04-30-2006, 08:26 PM
Well if warranty dont cover the cost of a new deck how would it cost to fix?

Freddy_Kruger
04-30-2006, 08:26 PM
I have 4 recyclers in building collecting dust want em?
Yes please santa:canadaflag: I will pay shipping.

J&R Landscaping
04-30-2006, 08:46 PM
The 2005 model year Toro SR4 Super Recycler mowers had a problem with areas around the wheels. Toro recived many warranty claims for them and beefed up the decks in that area for the 2006 model year. I would take it to the dealer and try your luck! Toro warrantys are pretty good. I would give it a go and see what happens! Whats the worst that could happen?

Freddy_Kruger
04-30-2006, 09:36 PM
The 2005 model year Toro SR4 Super Recycler mowers had a problem with areas around the wheels. Toro recived many warranty claims for them and beefed up the decks in that area for the 2006 model year. I would take it to the dealer and try your luck! Toro warrantys are pretty good. I would give it a go and see what happens! Whats the worst that could happen?I am tommorrow mourning then I'll report back, lol.

topsites
04-30-2006, 10:28 PM

Read the whole thing before you pass along...
If you put it on yourself, 300 for a used one and I think 600-700 for a new one but I'm not sure. Also before you buy a used one, you will need to make sure it will fit.

You might, however, check with the place where you bought your trailer and see if they can't weld the gash shut. Reason I say this is because trailer places tend to have welding equipment and so long you bought your trailer there they are likely more inclined to help and that is where I take my stuff to when I need a weld.

Because I've done split and cracked stuff on my mower (broke T-bar once, had fixed bar break completely off the frame, etc) and some patience and a little money (maybe 25 or 50 bucks and 30-60 minutes I don't know for sure) and once welded it's as good as new, if they can tack it in there all you might have to do is slap some paint on it to keep it from rusting.

I mean, a brand-new T-bar (just the stupid little top portion not even the whole control bar) is 80 friggin' dollars can you believe that?!! Stupid me I bought one but I kept the broken one and about a year later I had a bunch of crap broken needed welding, they did about 3-4 welds for me for 25 bucks and one of them was the old broken T-bar and it is good to go so if another ever breaks, I done got a cheap replacement. Check it out, at the trailer dealer... If they don't got a welder or they can't do it today then be patient or ask where there might be someone else does welding like if they don't appear too excited to want to help, so to speak but you get the idea, be cool bro

Good luck!

Jay Ray
04-30-2006, 11:09 PM

Here we have two dealers I know of who keep a boneyard out back. I bought a good self-propelled deck & handle with a rod thru the case for $20 and put my good engine on it. Not pretty but cuts good. Might be worth considering.

Btw, sorry your deck got busted up.

Freddy_Kruger
05-01-2006, 11:02 AM
Apparently they can weld it for about $30. We'll see, I haven't taken it down there yet.

Freddy_Kruger
05-01-2006, 11:16 AM
see if they can't weld the gash shut. Reason I say this is because trailer places tend to have welding equipment and so long you bought your trailer there they are likely more inclined to help and that is where I take my stuff to when I need a weld.

Because I've done split and cracked stuff on my mower (broke T-bar once, had fixed bar break completely off the frame, etc) and some patience and a little money (maybe 25 or 50 bucks and 30-60 minutes I don't know for sure) and once welded it's as good as new, if they can tack it in there all you might have to do is slap some paint on it to keep it from rusting.

good luck!
That's the ticket, they suggested welding, they will send it out to some that does aluminum weld for about $30 bucks. This dealership has been in business for 55 years, lol.

And Home Depot came through for me too on the blower. Because I needed it they coudn't send it away but they took a part off the display model, the valve assembly) and put it on mine free of charge.:clapping: Love that store.