View Full Version : Couple more Stripe pictures

trk53
04-30-2006, 09:24 PM

wacaweed
05-01-2006, 04:54 PM
Very nice stripes, what kind of striper do you use

FinerCutslawnCare
05-04-2006, 01:13 PM
Nice stripes, i really like them when they have the almost white and dark green effect!

zim bob the landscaper
05-04-2006, 02:19 PM
wow thise are wicked nice stripes.

climber
05-04-2006, 02:19 PM
Really nice stripes one of the best Ive seen on here! But this always gets me... How do you do that little stripe next to the white gravely and mulch? Ill show a pic so you can understand what Im saying

mcwlandscaping
05-04-2006, 03:16 PM
that little stripe was from him trimming around that bed with the mower and making the grass the darker color, then on the next pass he went over it and pushed it the other way, making it a lighter stripe but a little bit of the old dark stripe remained on the edge, if that makes any sense

liquidforcedude7
05-04-2006, 03:21 PM
allright well dark striped are coming toward you and whites are going with you, that said he was coming toward where he took the picuture and mowed right up close to the gravel then he moved another stripe over and went back the toher way, but he ran back over some of to keep it straight, but not all of the grass, he hit earlier therefor leaveing the little stripe and making the stripes look flawles and stright.

LawnGuy73
05-04-2006, 04:26 PM
allright well dark striped are coming toward you and whites are going with you, that said he was coming toward where he took the picuture and mowed right up close to the gravel then he moved another stripe over and went back the toher way, but he ran back over some of to keep it straight, but not all of the grass, he hit earlier therefor leaveing the little stripe and making the stripes look flawles and stright.

Yup, took the words right out of my mouth.

grass disaster
05-04-2006, 05:38 PM
is that just one cut(week), cutting stripes in that direcetion?

if you change angles of cut will this stripe still show up in folowing weeks?

trk53
05-04-2006, 08:18 PM
yes, I change direction every other mowing . This lawn I call the lawn from Hell .I mow it every 4-5 days. This gentleman did all the landscaping and installed the lawn. He pours on the fert. and irrigates. It is the thickest and greenest lawn I have ever seen. So by the time I mow other direction it leaves a hint of the stripes in the other direction. I take great pride in my mowing and stripeing and go the extra mile to lay down a perfect striped lawn.I may not be the best or even close but I want to feel good about my work when I drive away.

liquidforcedude7
05-04-2006, 09:09 PM
I may not be the best or even close but I want to feel good about my work when I drive away.

Thats how I am I dont leave until IM satisfied, most times my expectations are higher than the customer... but how do you keep clippings out the gravel, No matter how hard I try whenever im side discharging the bed always end up covered and then I have to blow them back out and by the time im done Ive taken half the much out the beds lol:laugh: ....

climber
05-04-2006, 10:23 PM
Ok I get it now... I can see that the lighter stripe gets a little darker near that turn.

Thx
Dan

ALarsh
05-05-2006, 12:03 AM
I can't see any tire marks in the areas he went around. Is that just because of the picture?

liquidforce, you can get an OCDC.

trk53
05-05-2006, 02:43 PM
I always make a least 1 maybe 2 laps around the outer premeter and around beds blowing grass away and I also use a discharge chute blocker .