neversatisfiedj
04-30-2006, 11:55 PM
This may get moved ;9

I am having issues with alot of sun glare on my digital photos? Help

I have to sell jobs with these photos.

DVS Hardscaper
05-01-2006, 08:35 PM
2 options:

1. Place you hand over the camera to block the glare, this I ido frequently. Make sure your hand is out of the view window.

2. Try a lens filter that goes on your lens. This more than likely will not make a difference. Just a suggestion.

96% of the pics on our website were taken by myself (a few are client supplied pics), many of them I had sun glare to contend with. http://www.outdoorfinishes.com

Kate Butler
05-01-2006, 09:15 PM
Try taking the pictures at a time of day when the sun isn't too bright, or on a cloudy day.

neversatisfiedj
05-02-2006, 08:53 AM
DVS , very very nice work !! Awesome. How long after job is completed do you take your pics ? I will try the hand shield technique.

Pavers Plus
05-02-2006, 10:50 AM
I think the best pictures you can take are on an overcast day. Just put together a list of projects you want to take pictures of and then on a day that is overcast, go shoot as many as you can. Sunny days produce too much shadows and contrast, thus making it difficult to see the project.

DVS Hardscaper
05-02-2006, 03:34 PM
Never Satisfied - It depends on the work that I'm shooting.

If my intent is to capture shots of a hardscape, then I'll probably wait for the grass to re-establish.

Landscapes are trickier to shoot. If my intent is to show pics of a landscape and hardscape combined, then I'll wait 12 months for the plants to get a little growth on them. I have pics on my site right now with plants that are not developed and I can't wait to go back and shoot new pics. But its not that easy - because in many cases when I return 12-15 months later to shoot new pics, the beds are full of weeds, or the mulch is compacted and fadded.