PDA

View Full Version : Attack Dog

Matts Mowing
05-01-2006, 07:40 AM
I was power raking and aerating a new customers yard the other day when a good looking lady next door was out cooking on the BBQ grill. She had a couple daschounds ( weiner dogs ) running by the fence barking at me everytime I was anywhere near the fence. She caught my eye awhile later and mouthed the words "sorry about the dogs". I stopped the aerator and said no problem and that I also had a daschound at home. I then reached over the fence to pet these barking bastards when one of the latched himself on to my hand. In my 30 years I have never been bit by a dog in my life. The good news is it was not too bad and the lady was very apologetic about the whole thing. I just wish she would have invited me to dinner for my pain and suffering....:D

geogunn
05-01-2006, 08:43 AM
sorry about your pain MATT. :cry:

you are being a good sport about it and that is nice to hear.

GEO:waving:

Tvov
05-01-2006, 08:53 AM
Dogs can be unpredictable about being on one side of a fence. They can act all vicious, but open the gate and they are all hugs and kisses.

So, is it "shedding" season where you are yet? Or was the homeowner still in a heavy sweater? :cool2:

Grandview
05-01-2006, 09:24 AM
Are the dog's shots up to date. I would be thinking rabies.

Rtom45
05-01-2006, 09:29 AM
Here's one for you:
Many years ago, we had a fairly new insurance agent. He had come out to our new home to write a home owners policy for us. Our dachsund, which was very friendly, met him at the front door. The agent patted him a couple times, then bent down to pay more attention. The dog jumped up and bit him on the nose! The rest of the evening, while he was writing the policy, he had to keep dabbing blood from his nose. He did put a clause in the policy protecting us in case of dog bites. Even 30 years after that, he still tells the story of the time he was bitten by a dachsund.

Mower For Less
05-01-2006, 11:44 AM
Dogs can be unpredictable about being on one side of a fence. They can act all vicious, but open the gate and they are all hugs and kisses.

So, is it "shedding" season where you are yet? Or was the homeowner still in a heavy sweater? :cool2:

Thats how my Boxer is. Behind the gate he is a ferocious attact dog. Open the gate, and your gonna get wet with slobber. Unless your a mailman, UPS guy, or actual bad guy. He let himself out on the mailman once and I swear had to make the guy crap his pants. He pounced on the screen door when the mailman was coming up the drive, and met him in the driveway charging at him. The mailman jumped up on the hood of my wife's car, threw his mailbag in the air with mail flying all over the driveway, and rolled over the hood onto the driveway, landing ontop of his mailbag. Just as the mailman hit the ground I grabbed hold of the dog and pulled him off. He gotten his pantleg going over the hood of the car, but no skin. Aside from nearly having a heart attack, the mailman had no other damage.

Another time he let himself out on the UPS guy. The UPS guy was standing on the porch, the dog went out and lunged at him, pushing him in his chest. The UPS guy just looked at him. It was so funny, my dog got confused and just stood there and looked back at him like why arent you running?

Needless to say, we are very carefull about keeping the screendoor deadbolted now if the inside door is open. Sparky aint gettin out no more.

Kevin

befnme
05-01-2006, 07:57 PM
why would you reach to touch a dog that was obviously angered at you ?

paolaken
05-01-2006, 08:09 PM
heres one, back in the 70's i was around 14 or 15 and landscaping for my dad. we were doing a very wealthy younger couples house. they had a trained gaurd dog, german shepard. that dog sat by me for about three days, not a problem. would pet him and all. very nice dog. well about the fourth day i was in the front working and the mrs. came out carring thier new baby. she stumbled for a second on a step and said "oh" then was ok. well the dog turned on me so fast and bam, bit me in the a** and tore out a chunk. 36 stitches later and a air pillow to sit on for a few days. still have the bit mark on my a**.

Idealtim
05-01-2006, 09:22 PM
German shepards are protectors and will die for it. Just watch the K-9's on cops. Not fun to be bit by one.

Jeds_Lawn_Care
05-01-2006, 09:29 PM
My new ’06 business plan: MOW-TRIM-BLOW and GO...and...NO…I WILL NOT CLEAR YOUR BRUSH ROW!!!
GOOD BUSINESS PLAN.