PDA

View Full Version : 751 bobcat

softtail1334
05-01-2006, 09:58 AM
I've got a 751 bobcat skidsteer that after about20-25 minutes it acts like it is sucking air. I've changed all of the fuel lines, filter, and fuel pump. I even ran it out of a 2gal can, bypassing the tank, didn't change anything. I blocked off the return line, put 40psi air thru injector pump and injectors, sprayed soapy water on everything and didn't see any bubbles. Any help would be greatly appreciated. David softtail1334@aol.com

Mike33
05-01-2006, 10:48 PM
Does your squeeze ball suck shut? If so get a new oem fuel cap. We lost ours one day and my employee found a regular gas cap and placed it on machine, The next day i was operating and could not understand why it was bogging down. All in the fuel cap being not a bobcat one and wasent vented properly. Bought a new cap from dealer and was fine.
Mike

SouthernYankee
05-02-2006, 10:46 PM
How do you like your 751 ? What year is it? I have the same machine and its been a solid machine for me and I have been very pleased with it.

vntgrcr
05-03-2006, 07:28 AM
I also had a machine with the squeeze primer bulb that must have been old because it would squeeze shut due to vacuum and shut the machine down. Took me quite a while to figure it out. Look at it and check.

softtail1334
05-03-2006, 07:29 PM
Mine is a 98 model. I've run alot of machines and I believe this one is the best for what I do. This is the only trouble I've ever had with it but I keep it serviced and try to keep it clean. Hope you have as good of luck as I have had. David

softtail1334
05-03-2006, 07:35 PM
I have replaced the pump bulb with an electric pusher pump. I have ran my machine out of a 2gal can and also without the regular fuel cap and it doesn't seem to help. I'm just about convinced it has to be either in the injector pump or a warm temp. leak at the injectors. Thanks everyone for the replies David