PDA

View Full Version : TTHP 36" or 48"?

majorjake
05-01-2006, 06:28 PM
I will be purchasing a Lazer Z XS 60" 31HP but will need a w/b. I'm not sure if the TTHP 36" is the right choice (only 15hp engine) or the TTHP
48" with the 19hp. Does anyone have experience with either of these two w/b's? Some of my accounts have hills and various grade changes and I'm not sure what new accounts will be coming my way. Just starting to build my business.

Opinions please!

Thanks!

mcwlandscaping
05-01-2006, 06:34 PM
youve got the big mower, then go with a small one to fit in the smallest gates your going to find. If all of your gates will fit a 48 then go with that, if they will all fit a 36 and not a 48 then go with the 36....the 60" will take care of the big areas.

Mr Ricochet
05-01-2006, 10:01 PM
majorjake, I have that same 15 hp kawi on a Metro 48 and it's got plenty of power with some to spare. I'm 230 lbs and that thing pulls me on a Proslide through Kentucky Blue. If the 15 hp is what's bothering you, don't make your decision thinking that the 15 hp won't be enough power.........Good luck with your new mowers.

majorjake
05-01-2006, 10:05 PM
Yes, I was thinking that the 15hp would not be enough, even on a 36". Thats why I was considering the 48" with a 19hp. However, from what I've read already, the 36" is easier to use in those hard to reach places due to its smaller size. I'm leaning more towards the 36" and its about $800 cheaper.

Thanks!

Dependable Mowing
05-01-2006, 10:44 PM
The 15 will be plenty for a 36. If you are mowing mostly or all residential, go with the 36". Almost all of our gated yards will not fit a 48. Maybe it's different in your area....

Frosty03
05-02-2006, 07:18 AM
The 36" TTHP is an awesome machine. It is a smaller mower, so you don't need 19hp to push it. I have the 36" with the 15hp Kawasaki and it will cut faster than you can run, get away from you if you aren't paying attention and is just a fantastic mower for backyards. Heck, I use it for front yards as well. Leaves a fantastic cut. Just get the Hydro drive and don't look back.

They are not the cheapest mowers by far, but I have no regrets at all with my purchase. It is one that I will keep for as long at it holds together. As solid as it is, I can see it going for a long time.

Good luck.

Mower For Less
05-02-2006, 09:33 AM
I have 2 36" exmarks with 15 HP motors and both have plently of power. I run double blades and can cut at full speed while side discharging no problem. Excellent mowers and a fine engine.

Kevin

MTR
05-02-2006, 03:03 PM
I will be purchasing a Lazer Z XS 60" 31HP but will need a w/b. I'm not sure if the TTHP 36" is the right choice (only 15hp engine) or the TTHP
48" with the 19hp. Does anyone have experience with either of these two w/b's? Some of my accounts have hills and various grade changes and I'm not sure what new accounts will be coming my way. Just starting to build my business.

Opinions please!

Thanks!

I would go with Lazer 60" and 48" TTHP/19. That 48"/19 is THE awesome mower, lots of torque and tons of mowing power for its deck. It is really a fine machine to accompany your 60" provided one day your 60" is in the shop, the 48" can help you finish your accounts easier than using 36". I have use 36" for 2 full seasons and never a big fan of its, especially small 15 hp. It cuts but not finely like the 19 hp will deliver. I have tried out that 48/19 when it came out with new 19, and have to say it is the lexus of walk behind. Matched with 2 wheels sulky and you are ready for any lawn.
36" is longer and takes too many passes to do, especially doing slope, I just want the least amount of time mowing, personally I love that 52"/19 TTHP.